Chapter One

The sun was bright when Kaia stepped out of her apartment. She shielded her eyes from the sun as she made her way down the block to the café. She hummed her favorite song as she walked, a huge smile on her face. She loved the mornings when everything was busy and everyone was on their way to work like she was. She especially enjoyed the noise of rush hour even though most found it irritating.

It took her almost no time to make it to the café, and she went around the back, using her key to enter the café. She heard her aunt's voice right away, and it was unusually shrill.

"I want the flour by this afternoon, Jerry, and I mean it!"

"That doesn't sound good." Kaia dropped her bag on the counter and made her way to her aunt.

Candace Reed turned and gave a huge sigh.

"Hello, sweetie." Her aunt greeted as she gave Kaia a hug.

"Hi, aunt." Kaia paused. "What was that all about?"

"Well, we were supposed to have the flour delivered this morning but Jerry has a problem with the truck. Without the flour, we can't open. There's so much to be made and we don't have much time to do so. I have some but it's not nearly enough"

"I can go by the store quickly to pick some up while you finish setting up. It's no problem." Kaia suggested. Her aunt smiled and hugged her.

"Oh, thank you, sweetie. I don't know what I would do without you. You can take the van, okay?"

"Sure, Aunt Candace. I'll hurry back."

Kaia grabbed the keys to the van parked outside the café and rushed out. She got into the car and drove off to the warehouse.

***

Trystan stepped out of the car and looked around. This spot was perfect. He just had to get the owner of this café to sell and he would get to build his new hotel. The Lovely Café was owned by Candace Reed, she was widowed and had no children. She ran the store with her niece and some workers.

He knew she was going to be a hard woman to get to sell but he wasn't known for giving up and he always got what he wanted. He made his way into the café. The bell rang at his entrance and the owner of the café came from the back.

"Sorry, we aren't open yet." She informed, wiping her hands on the apron she wore. Trystan gave her a sarcastic smile.

"Believe me, I'm not here for the pastries. I'm Trystan Dwyer. I want to buy your café." At his words, the expression on Mrs. Reed's face changed from accommodating to furious.

"So you are the man who sent his goons to get me to sell?"

"I would hardly call lawyers goons, Mrs. Reed," Trystan stated calmly, further riling the woman up.

"Listen here, I am not selling this café, not even for all the money in the world!"

"Well, I had hoped we would be able to settle this amicably. You see, Mrs. Reed, I want your café and I will do everything in my power to get it, whether you like it or not. This way, you are well compensated for it." Trystan watched a slight uncertainty find its way into the woman's stoic expression. It would definitely be better for her if she gave up the café without any resistance.

"You can threaten me all you like but---," She was interrupted by a voice, as its accompanying figure came into the café just as Mrs. Reed had done.

"I got the flour, Aunt Candace." Trystan looked around the woman to see a beautiful lady, frozen by her aunt, staring at him with wide, curious eyes. Trystan was instantly intrigued. This was the niece? She was exceptionally lovely. Her dark curly hair fell around her dark-skinned face. She had deep brown eyes that seemed so innocent to the world around her and she had beautiful full lips and a figure that drew your attention almost immediately.

He was attracted and he was never interested this quickly. For a cafe that he had been so interested in buying, it didn't seem as important as the lovely woman that stood before him

Hiiiiiii, everyone, so this is the first chapter of this book and if you can't tell, I'm extremely excited about this book. I'm not the best writer and I don't usually plan my stories out. They usually flow much better for me that way. That also means my updates won't be frequent because I don't know how this story is gonna go but if you stay along for the ride, you might just enjoy it.

I hope you love this book as I do already. Comment and like if you enjoyed this chapter. That would probably help me in figuring out if I should continue writing this story.

Thank you.