I return to my room where the site of clothes takes over my vision. Most of them are dirty because I get changed in here or bring my clothes from the shower, back here. I broke my hamper a couple months ago, so I had to settle for the floor. I know it's going to take a while, which is why I decide to finish getting ready before I settle into the mess.

Time flies as I get lost in cleaning, finding things that I didn't know I still had. Before I know it, it's three thirty. I head down stairs and make a sandwich and load the washer with all my clothes that need washed. I head to the shower to get rid of the dirty feeling. I let the warn water run over me quickly, not wanting to waste time. I wrap a towel around my dripping hair as I throw on a pair of sweats and a tank top. I debate whether or not I want to dry my hair, but in the end, I chose to do it. Michael should be here any minute. I order in a pizza and set up the DVD player. I have already set out a few outfits that I'm going to ask about.

The door opens down stairs and I hear the same familiar voice fill the house. Michael.

"Hope! Where are you?" he yells.

"I'll be down in a second!" I yell back, folding the outfits neatly on the bed. I head down stairs and find him already putting one of the movies in the DVD player. "So, which movies did you bring?"

"This is the End, Mama, and Now You See Me," he says with a smile. 

"Sounds like a good night to me," I smile back innocently. "I ordered a pizza too. It should be here around five thirty," I tell him.

"Perfect," he winks.

I sit on the couch and pull the blanket from behind me, throwing it over my lap. Michael grabs the remote and comes over next to me. He doesn't leave space between us. He puts his feet up on the table in front of him. I feel awkward because I know he's going to pull a move and the only reason he's here is so I can get revenge: step one. 

Before I can finish my thought, he's already slipped an arm behind my waist, pulling me closer--as if it's even possible. Of course a couple of days ago, I would love to snuggle into him, but now it's different. I decide to go with it and lay my head against his shoulder. As the movie options appear, he plays it. He knows it's one of my favorite movies because I dragged him to the theater to see it at least three different times. 

My hand bumps Michael's as I go to fix my shirt and I realize how cold it is. 

"Are you cold?" I ask.

"Kind of," he shrugs it off.

"Don't be silly, get under here," I laugh and put the blanket over him as well. 

"Thanks, love," he smiles. I put my head back on his shoulder and he rests his check my hair. I start to get hungry and wonder where the pizza is. It's nearly six. As if on que, the bell rings and I hop up to get my wallet. 

I open the door to the friendly-faced teenager holding the box out. I grab it and hand him the fifteen dollars in my hand and tell him to keep the change. He smiles and tells me goodnight. I turn around and nearly knock over Michael, who I didn't realize was even there. 

"Whoa," he says and takes it from me. "Want me to grab some plates?"

"If you want one. I'm not gonna use one. Just bring in some napkins and a soda?" I ask. He nods and returns with it. I set the pizza on the dining room table and take a seat, Michael across from me. 

"This is so good," he shoves a piece into his mouth. "Thanks," he says after he wipes his mouth.

"No problem," I laugh. 

We eat nearly the entire thing, granted there was only about ten pieces, but still, that's quite a lot for two people. He is acting so different, not like the guarded and awkward Michael he usually is. He is making me laugh with all of his stupid comments and failing attempts at jokes. As I get up to put my plate in the sink, he catches me off guard.

"So, what did you need help with," he says, right behind me and into my ear.

"Oh.. Yeah.." I clear my thoughts that are currently fogged by his close proximity. "Come with me," I say and take his hand, lacing our fingers and heading up to my room.

"What..?" he says, walking into my room confused, but he doesn't let go of my hand. 

"I need your help picking out an outfit," I throw a face smile on, starting to feel bad as he smiles.

"Sure."

"I'll lay them out. Give me a sec," I say and unfold them to lay them on the ground. 

"The second one," he says to my high waisted skirt and rolling stones crop top.

"Thanks, you're the best," I smile up to him and give him a hug.

"What's it for?" he asks as I'm still in his arms.

I look up to him, his eyes so honest and light as they look into mine, "My..my date tomorrow."

"Your what?" he says, his voice hurt, but trying to keep emotion from seeping through. His arms drop from around me.

"My date.. I have one tomorrow," I step back.

"Oh," is all he manages to say.

"Is something wrong?" I ask, knowing very well what's wrong.

"Nope," he says, popping the 'P'.

"Let's go finish our movie?" I ask. He nods and heads down stairs, not waiting for me. When I walk into the room, I see him sitting on the opposite side of where I was originally sitting. I sit where I was before the pizza came. "You're not going to sit with me?" 

"I'm good," he says. His voice is either hurt or pissed. Both I'm sure.

"Oh. Okay," I can't help but sound a little disappointed. If he is going to make a challenge with someone, the least he could do is put up a fight. Instead, he ignores me nearly the rest of the movie.

He finally speaks during the last five minutes, "Who is it?"

"What..?" I ask.

"You know what I mean. Who are you going on a date with.."

I look at him, unsure of how he's going to take this. I'm nervous. This is a terrible idea.

"Luke.." I say, my voice becoming small. I know he isn't fond of Luke. One flirtatious comment from him at the pool and Michael got all pissy about it.

He doesn't say anything to me directly, but I hear him mumble something under his breath about being an 'out right dick'. Then he got up and left. Not a single word to me. Just left.