Chapter 6

Chapter Six:

  Derek’s POV

      He sat in the waiting area feeling burdened with pressure. He was tired, sleep was begging to overtake him, but he ignored the urge. He had too. All he cared about was Stiles. He wanted to see him, to lay by his bedside and physically express his apology to him. He would caress his skin gently and plant a soft kiss on his lips. Whispers that he loves him and prays to god that he receives the message. He wanted to make him his. His mate. It’s been a long time since; Derek wanted to mark someone as his. Lately, his love life has been nothing but utter crap that he didn’t feel the need to. But now there was Stiles.

  He wants to be with him. But after everything Derek has done to him, Stiles may not want to. In fact, he probably never wants to talk or see him again. If that was the case, Derek wouldn’t be angry because he couldn’t blame him. Derek was a dick to him and deserved it. But what he didn’t deserve was to see Stiles like that. Broken-hearted, bloody and crumpled on the ground just barely hanging onto life. Derek thought he had lost him when he had closed his eyes. But his super hearing had heard his slow heartbeat and that’s when Derek whisked Stiles to Beacon Hills hospital.

   When he had arrived, he was carrying Stiles in his arms and stopped the first nurse he saw. The nurse was Mrs. McCall. She immediately recognized Derek and the injured Stiles he cradled. She told him to place him down on a stretcher bed. After that, she called several nurses to assist her in pushing the bed. She advised Derek to go wait in the waiting room and she went into a room. Derek did what she suggested and now he was here. It’s been over an hour since his and Stiles arrival to the hospital. It was getting real impatient. He wanted to know what was taking so long and why Mrs. McCall hasn’t come to check up on him.

  She didn’t say that she would but Derek just assumed that she will. She seemed like a caring person who would be concerned for others. Derek knew he could trust Stiles with her even though she wasn’t a doctor. The urge to sleep was stronger. Derek needed to get up and moving so it would go away. But he wasn’t going to leave, not without Stiles. He was going to man up and fight through his tiredness. It was the least he could do. Someone had leisurely come up to him. Derek looked at the person and saw it was Mrs. McCall.

  “Hello, Derek” she greeted him softly and a bit cautiously.

    Derek was aware that a lot of people were terrified him.

   “Hello” he said and smiled at her.

   She smiled back at him.

   “I just wanted to inform you that Stiles is fine”

    Upon hearing this, relief surged through Derek like refreshing water. He stood towering over Mrs. McCall who looked at a bit worriedly.

  “Can I go see him?”

    Smiling, she nodded her head.

   “Yes, that’s why I came out here. So I can get you and take you to his room”

  “Thank you”

 “You’re welcome”

    She then ushered for him to follow her. He did. They exited the waiting area room and into the long hallway of the hospital. The harsh scent of medicine and disinfect chemicals hovered in the air as a gloomy mood. At that moment Derek dreaded his super senses. The smell was causing a sneeze to slide up his throat.

  “He’s in this room” spoke Mrs. McCall and stopped at a room.

     Her palm was cuffed around the handle of the door and she twisted it open. She held it open for Derek who quickly walked in. Giving him one last smile, Mrs. McCall closed the door shut and left. Derek advanced further into the room; he went to Stiles bed where he silently laid. Hundreds of tubes were attached to him, his chest slowly rising up his down, the heart monitor beep low. Coming at his side, Derek picked up Stiles unmoving hand and placed within his. He rubbed his thumb on his knuckle. He then with both hands picked up Stiles palms and brought it up to his lips. He grazed kisses on it, tears seeping into his eyes.

  “I love you” he cried, the tears running down his cheek. “I love you so much that it hurts!”

   He squeezed Stiles hand tighter and the kisses on it increased.

  “I shouldn’t have let you leave my house. I should of ran after you and tell you how I truly feel about you. I’m sorry that I hurt you. You’re already harboring enough pain as it with Danny and all. But I widened your wound did I? Humph, that’s such a stupid question. Of course, I did! That’s why you’re here because it became too much for you. If you die I don’t know what I will do. I think I will go mad, no I will. I need you Stiles. You are the sunlight in my world that steers away the darkness. You can’t leave me. I know that this is selfish of me to ask, but stay with me. Fight through the pain, Stiles you can win just fight through it. Don’t give up!”

  When he finished his speech, he leaned over and kissed Stiles forehead. Beneath him, he felt a stir of movement. However, it was tiny though. But still it had happened. This sparked a little hope in Derek that maybe he could make it through this. He then found himself staring at Stiles arm which was bandaged heavily. Blood poured through the bandages and was visible on the surface of it. Derek wanted to wince but didn’t. He didn’t deserve to because he had caused this.

   This damaged him greatly. More tears surfaced his eyes and spilled down heavily. He put his head on Stiles thigh and cried in it. Derek didn’t remember the last time he cried. Sure every now and then, he might shed a tear or two but never full blown cry. He thought he was stronger than that but apparently not. He was ashamed of himself, ashamed that he was ashamed. Here was someone he cared about on the edge of death and there was him weeping. He should be comforting Stiles and spewing more encouraging words to him. But what’s the point? He can’t hear him.

 Derek sniffled and wiped his blue, red rimmed eyes. He stared at Stiles closed eyes and non – responsive body. He should go and give him some space. But when he tried to, his legs wouldn’t bug an inch. He wanted to stay with him and make sure he’s alright. In his back pocket, his phone vibrated. Sighing, he got it out and checked the caller I.D. He grew pale. The caller was Anastasia. He declined the call and tucked his phone back in his pocket.

   He didn’t have time for her nonsense. He was here for Stiles and not anything more.

     Because in his universe, nothing else mattered but him.

____________________

A/N: Sorry for the late ass update.

I’ve been swamped in school and my mom took away my lap top because I’m failing my math class.

Please comment and vote. I’ll update when I can.