I felt at ease as I held her close only to forego sleep when she started to whimper in my arms tears running down her cheeks.
"Sshhh, you are safe my love," I cooed as she relaxed slightly.
It pained me to see her going through so much pain. Pain that I had inflicted such that even my own family was not talking to me.

My sister of all people had told me point blank that she would only forgive me, when Nyasha did.
How long would it take to gain her forgiveness, for me to see that smile of hers once again. For her to surprise with her spontaneity.

I made sure to leave the room before dawn heading straight to work. She needed space, time to recuperate and I would give her some. Maybe a few days apart would be good for us I thought as I sat in my office staring at the pile of paperwork.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today," Alex said with a wide grin as he barged into my office.
"I thought I said I don't want any interruptions."
"Yep I was right. Wrong side of the bed. What happened did you and Nyasha switch sides or something," he teased as I avoided his eyes.
"Don't you have anything better to do. Maybe work?"
"Oh please Marcellus. You of all people should know my money works for me. Now how is the Mrs and my godchild," he said taking a seat.
"They are fine Alex. Look I am very busy as you can see."
"I just came by to talk man. You see the thing is the families are talking and they want a meeting just to make sure everything is alright. You went silent for two whole months," he said.
"I know. The meeting is on tomorrow in London."
"Ah home sweet home. So when do we leave," he beamed.
"I am leaving in the afternoon."
"Superb news indeed. I will see you there in the morning," he said waving goodbye before I could stop him.

-------

Nyasha's POV

He did not return home that day which was a breath of fresh air indeed as I lay in bed. The previous night I had slept soundly which was very rare for me but today sleep would be my tormentor tonight. Each time I would see Malcolm and Marcellus standing over me, laughing their hearts out at my bedraggled state. Blood soaking my shirt as the wound Malcolm had given me bled profusely.

I knew the right thing was to forgive, but forgiveness was pretty difficult especially with the way he was acting. Maybe it was a good thing he was not around tonight, I thought to myself.  The sandman came knocking on my door as sleep consumed me but my phone ringing brought me out of my peace.
I answered without even looking at the caller id.

-----

"Hello," she said but no answer came.
"Hello. Who is this?" She asked after seeing it was an unknown number.
Just as she was about to hang up she heard a voice.

"Sweetheart," she heard him say.
"I know I didn't say goodbye this morning. I am away on business that's why I am not around for you to yell at," he said clearly with a smile from the sound of his voice.
"I miss you already. Miss that angry glare you have been throwing in my direction for days now. Anyways I just wanted to hear your voice, to say goodnight and to tell you that you are safe so sleep soundly. You don't have to say anything but I know you are there love," he said gently before he ended the call after a long pause.

She stared at the phone as she wiped away her tears. Marcel was sweet one minute and a monster before one could get used to the sweet side. She closed her eyes letting sleep take over, and indeed she slept soundly that night.

London

"Good morning Mr Martinez," the restaurant manager said as he held the door open for Marcel.
"There is nothing good about this morning," he spat angrily removing his coat.
Entering the room numerous men were seated being seen to by several scantily clothed women.
"Out!" He bellowed as the women rushed out of the room leaving the men to straighten up.