Chapter 11 - Physical Attraction

Start from the beginning

He was obviously just coming out of the shower, and while Cat really didn't want to be that girl that just gawked at a half-naked man like an idiot... she really, really couldn't help it. His upper half was still glistening with water droplets and his dark hair was a wet, tousled mess on his head. She tried really hard not to glance below his shoulders, but it was a very difficult task when he looked like that.

"Catherine, hey!" he said. He was seemingly unaware of just how much she wanted to jump his bones at that precise moment in time. God, she was glad he couldn't see her face right now. "Sorry I kept you waiting here. I was in the shower," he said.

"I've noticed," Cat murmured and suddenly it wasn't just her cheeks that felt hot but her whole damn face. Her flustered and slightly breathy voice was completely betraying the way she was feeling right now, and the goofy ass smirk suddenly inching its way onto Nick's face made it clear he was well aware of her current state.

"Eyes up here," he said in a sexy sort of drawl, pointing at his face. He ran his fingers through his wet hair and Cat was certain her legs were about to give way and turn to jell-o. Shit, he was causing Cat's blood to boil with just how much she was blushing.

"Sorry," she said, embarrassed.

She forced herself to look at his face, but the more she willed herself not to look at the rest of him... the further down her eyes went, from the dip of his collarbones and the swell of his broad shoulders to the flat stomach and the thin line of dark hair inching down his midriff and sneaking underneath the navy towel he had wrapped around his narrow waist.

"You can hang out on the couch for a sec, I'll uh... just go put some clothes on," he said with a slightly awkward chuckle.

"You don't have to..." Cat began dumbly, but the moment the words left her lips, she felt her face flush some more. "I mean... not that I want to see you half-naked..." she tried again, her voice shaky with a sudden onslaught of nerves and embarrassment.

A smirk was tugging at Nick's lips now and his sightless eyes were bright with amusement. He didn't speak, letting her ramble on. She could tell he was enjoying this too much to try to help get her foot stuck out of her damn mouth.

"That didn't sound right either... I really don't mind seeing you half-naked, just... uh... Oh my God, just go put some fucking clothes on," she grumbled, hiding her face in her hands, feeling completely humiliated.

"Will do, just don't drool all over my floor," Nick drawled as he spun around on his heels and walked a straight line toward the hallway, leaving Cat no time to come up with a cute reply or even just a single word at all to say to him.

He walked – actually, it was more like a saunter, as if he was trying to turn her into a pile of mush on the floor – down the hall and turned left, disappearing into what Cat assumed to be his bedroom.

She went and perched herself on the armrest of his couch, letting out a long, shaky sigh. He had the ability to make her feel this way so damn easily, and yet there she was, a complete idiot when it came to sex. She didn't know how to turn guys on. She didn't know how to flirt or talk dirty. Then there was the whole blind thing. She realized that sex wasn't all about looks, but physical attraction was... right? He could be attracted to her personality or the sound of her voice, but when it came right down to it, most people did judge a book by its cover.

What did he see when he thought about her? Did he find her attractive? What did he find attractive about her? Was he thinking about having sex with her at all? God, why was dating so goddamn confusing! She didn't want to say or do the wrong thing and mess everything up!