Chapter 8 ~ It's Not Fair

Papyrus had already broken into tears before you could finish the story, but you finished what you were saying anyways. By the time you'd finished talking, you realized you started crying alongside him. Not as much, but you could still feel the droplets running down your cheeks. "Im so sorry Paps, I...I wish I could have done something about it." you mumbled through sniffles. "Its...its okay human, as long as you are telling me the utmost truth and you were not the reason behind..." he stopped and started crying. You let out a long, drawn out sigh, you always did that when you were stressed, it seemed. "Well come on than, we....we need to save the others." you said. "The others are in danger?" he said frantically. You nodded in response. "E-even Undyne? Oh no she'll take the killer down." he muttered enthusiastically as possible. "Papyrus, I can't even promise she isn't already dead." your words just slipped out, no help to the crying skeleton. "C'mon." you said, grabbing his hand and pulling yourself up. He got up after you.

                    You both walked down the stairs, taking each step into consideration. Once you reached the bottom you both made your way around the cluttered room and to the door. "Ready?" you asked. He thought a moment before nodding. "Are you?" he asked. You shrugged, "Im not very good with the cold, you should know that." you said, once more not thinking. "Hmm?" he hummed. "Oh, I'm sorry never mind, that was another timeline." you face palmed. He kind of just looked at you, you didn't look at him to see if this assumption was correct, you still had your hand on your face. He rustled a bit and you moved a finger and opened an eye to glance at him. "Here." he said, his hand extended to give you his scarf. "Are...are you sure?" you asked glaring up at him. He nodded, "Im just a skeleton, (Y/n), I don't even get cold." he smiled slightly. "Well, okay, fine." you said quietly taking the scarf and wrapping it around your neck. You locked your grip onto the doorknob. You sighed once more before opening the door to the cold and unforgiving world beyond you.

                    The two of you walked out into the frigid biome. The two of you stood alone in the alternate dimension that you missed so much. Even though you'd only been gone for a few minutes, you hadn't had enough time to spend here in the first place. The stars still sparkled above the sea of fog, the moon shining above all else, lighting the small house stop the mountain, the small island of snow among the cold fog, as if it had crystalized leaving behind a little patch of spiked land among nothing else. Papyrus didn't seem to like it too much, he seemed to feel limited as he crippled down a notch like he was claustrophobic.  You rolled your eyes before tugging on his hand and walking down to the edge of the smokey sea. You took a step in, Papyrus followed a step behind you, as you walked into the polluted air, it was almost thick, you had to hold your breathe in order not to cough. But overall it was beautiful. Once you were back into the underworld, the giant hell, separated from the small piece of heaven. You could see the fire of the city in the distance, the hazy ocean now a roof containing you under. It was still cold. You and Papyrus started walking, and eventually his hand slipped from yours. The journey down was slow, careful, as not to run into the police. You'd always turn to make sure Paps was there.

                    You ran over to another tree, you were almost to the city. You could hear a voice or two talking about you, and the search to hunt you down. You stationed yourself behind the relatively thick tree, making sure coast was clear. You kept your eye on the security before signaling Papyrus over. He didn't come. You looked over to the last stationary point where he'd been waiting, he wasn't there. You began to become extremely frantic. You started to sprint back, the guard taking notice of your movement. "I found her," he shouted, "over here!". You didn't stop, you  continued sprinting. You stopped dead in your tracks once you reached the stationary position. You dropped to your knees and began sobbing. His dust had been dispersed all over the forest floor. You cried and cried with your hands up to your damp, puffy eyes in agony. Two policemen, well, one was female, grabbed your arms and pulled at you. "Stop!" you shrieked. "You'v committed a federal offense, including murders, property damage,-" you stopped him. "I DIDN'T DO THAT!" you broke out sobbing. "Anything you say can and will be used against you in court." the lady said. "Correction, she was put up for death row, no proof needed." the male said. "Th-thats not fair!" you cried. It wasn't fair. How could they just assume and be correct to say you'd committed these crimes? Because you didn't, it was just like with Papyrus, you wanted to do everything in your power to stop it. "You are the one that did it, it's been proven on surveillance footage." The male spoke up as he pulled you through the underbrush. "But I didn't do it, I swear!" you squealed desperately. "That explain why all that dust was over there?" the woman asked before they both threw you onto the road. "I didn't do that, he was my friend! Please listen to me! The murderer is still out there!" you shouted, raising to your feet and walking towards the officers. They pointed their guns at you, locked their aims. You stopped and sighed, more tears rolling down your cheeks. "Don't waste your breathe." the man said, directing you to the police car. They pushed you in after handcuffing you. You watched the blazing houses as the car pulled you away from the scene.