Chapter 2~ Feeling At Home

The room flooded into view, it started as a blurry disarray of colors, but progressively changed into a calming room that seemed to have a never-ending tranquility upholding it. The scenery wasn't home, so that was good. Upon awakening you realized something a little different, it was like buttons that opened tabs in which you were unfamiliar with, the one that stood out to you the most was the one at the bottom, labeled 'RESET'. 'like a video game' You thought to yourself, shifting your body upward. You quickly assumed that it was a dream, but where were you? This place didn't seem familiar under any circumstances, but you continued to gaze around the scenery before you. A television displayed a robot talking about smooching a ghost on MTT news or something like that, the spotlight was on the robot, while this probably would've caught anyone else's attention, you weren't interested in it at all. There was a staircase left of the television, it lead to a bit of a platform behind the T.V. there wasn't any 'fences' keeping anyone from falling like a normal one would, but you skimmed over that. The kitchen was right of the television, you would have missed the sock on the floor, but the sticky notes on it drew attention, not as much as the abnormally tall sink this place had. Placed next to the wall was a table with a rock on it, dumped in a colorful array of sprinkles. You pushed yourself off the couch and got up to eat one, it wasn't very good, but you had no idea when you last ate something. You turned around to face the couch once more, you knew something had fallen off of you. You were correct. There was an appealing sky blue jacket with a fluffy rimmed hoodie on the floor beside to the couch, you walked over to put it up somewhere.

                    After firmly folding the jacket up, you decided to just place it on the couch. This is when you realized the large history book next to the couch, it sat on a small bedside table, it was just big enough to hold the book. You opened it, a pun book lay inside, you snickered opening it, only to find another history book. This went on for a while, keeping you entertained, you sputtered out another laugh. "Well now I know I'm dreaming, who puts that many books inside one book?", you said aloud to yourself, opening the last book, it was a pun book, you opened it and read one of the jokes inside. 'Q: Why don't skeletons like to fight each other? A: Because they don't have the guts!'. You just howled with laughter, you were always easily tickled, mostly because no one ever really attempted to make you laugh, so when they did, it was always something new, and amused you in every way. You closed up all the books, before looking up the stairs with curiosity. You slowly walked up, hearing the few creaks the stairs would make as your feet made contact with them. You looked over at the two doors once you reached the top. One was covered in caution tape stating things like 'DO NOT ENTER' or 'STOP'. You guessed it was contaminated or something, not that it mattered you were dreaming. The next door had a fire like pattern blazing across the floor, but it wasn't actual fire, it didn't burn. 'You can't get hurt in a dream', you though. Maybe neither of these doors were safe. You placed your hand on the doorknob 'ill wake up if something happens' you gripped the doorknob firmly, it was cold and sent chills up your spine in response. You attempted to turn it, put it didn't budge, 'Locked-' you thought turning to the other door. You slowly walked towards it, but something caught your shoulder. You spun around. "Hey kiddo."

                    You stopped for a moment, looking the skeleton standing before you over, he wore a white t-shirt, black sport shorts (though he didn't look too athletic in your opinion), and a sky blue-, you looked down at the couch, the hoodie was gone. You looked back at the skeleton in surprise and disbelief. You could feel your mouth open slightly as you stared at the smiling skeleton in confusion, you hadn't even heard him come in! "I see you finally woke up, heh, I almost thought you were 6 foot under by now.", he chuckled. 'Dead, you mean' you knew what he meant, but you didn't say anything out loud. "hmm....." you responded, you were dreaming after all nothing could go wrong. You put your hand on the bridge of his nose, he just stared at you, probably wondering what the heck you were doing. He was extremely cold, it almost shocked you, you just spread your hand out, allowing the tips of your fingers to slide inside his eye sockets, while it was hard to spot, you saw a light shade of blue spray across the skeletons face. His hands rose and pulled your hands away ,"heh, whatcha doing, kiddo?" he asked tilting his head slightly while backing it up at the same time. "What do you mean? It doesn't matter what I do your not supposed to ask, this is just a dream roll with it." you had a bit too much tension in your voice than you had intended. He stared at you for a second before bursting out in laughter. "r-Really kiddo? Your not dreaming! Though you were out for a while." He just stared at you, the smile never leaving his face. "Thats exactly what a dream character would say, thats just what you want me to think", you said, feeling that you made a clever remark. You turned away from him. "Alright than kiddo, prove it." his eyes relaxed. "Alright, in a dream, you can fly, and if you don't, you, uh, won't get hurt falling!", you exclaimed, readying your stance at the edge of the 'balcony'. "wait k-kiddo-" but you were already taking a leap of faith, and plummeting to the carpeted floor below you, you got that tingly sensation you get when falling, it reminded you of something, but you didn't know what. Right before hitting the floor, you were stopped, the tip of your nose greeted the floor. The world was blocked in a semitransparent blue that outlined your body. You weren't finished observing it when your body collided with the floor. You smirked, "HA, obviously dreaming.". You turned back to look at the skeleton once more, a drop of sweat ran down the side of his skull. "Man kiddo your just all about jumping off things aren't cha'?", you could hear the nervousness in his voice. Your smile slowly faded. "W-what do you mean?". He let out another throaty chuckle, it filled the room with a vivid sense of humor. "Are you serious? You must be pulling my leg ya numbskull" he laughed again at what seemed to be a pun, you allowed a small giggle to slip from your lips, but on the inside, you were trying to hold back. "I can't believe you don't remember kiddo!" He glanced at me, my vision went black for a moment, when it returned he was gone, I spun around in search of the punny skeleton, he was sitting on the couch, beckoning me to sit next to him. I strode in his direction, sitting near the edge of the couch. "Well go on then" you said as enthusiastic as possible, you didn't know what you were missing. 

                    "Well, I was just walking around the forest like a usual day, I was gonna go look down into the darkness again, when I saw you standing there, I thought you were doing the same, but...then I realized you were trying to.....Im sorry kiddo, thank Asgore I caught you in time." he glanced away from you. It took you a moment to process everything, but then all the memories came rushing back. Tears welled in your eyes. "Im not dreaming, you were the one that....you saved me." you looked at him in disbelief. You thought this was just a dream, and you'd be able to actually end it all once you woke up, but it turns out you had already tried, and this skeleton had the heart to stop you. This monster, had helped you, a boring little human. "W-whats your name?" you sputtered. "Im Sans" he smiled, you lunged at him, pulling him tightly into a hug. You gripped it his jacket, pushing your head against his chest. "Thank you." you managed to squeak out. "Heh," he chuckled, pulling an arm around you "its okay now kiddo, your alright. You don't need to be bonely anymore." was the last thing he said. You giggled between sobs, but it was muffled by his shirt. For once, you felt at home.