Prologue

Long ago, two races ruled over the Earth: the Humans and the Monsters.One day, war broke out between the two races. After a long conflict, the humans emerged victorious and locked the Monsters away underground. That was the legend, and it had been true up until about one hundred years ago, when the monsters had broken the barrier holding them under Mt. Ebott. The humans were just beginning to settle, and get comfortable with the fact that millions of creatures had now entered their lives, and walked alongside them on the surface. Everything was fine, except for you and your family. You had a brother, but a group of mischievous Loox had taken him away from your family before you were born, and this left a never-ending grudge on the monsters for you and your family. But the thing was, you really did like the monsters! They fascinated you in every way, the things they did, the way they acted, it interested you. Thus, your parents hated you with a passion, they hated you just like you were some one eyed slimy critter like the rest of them. Your parents hated you more than they hated each other, it was the one thing they did together, so your life was extremely hard and had its difficulties. You usually stayed in your room, trying to muffle your parents yelling, or the slamming doors, avoid another slap in the face, a kick in the stomach. That was your life, and you planned to end it soon...'Tomorrow is the day'  you reminded yourself, holding the pillow tight against your head, 'It'll all be over tomorrow'.