Life Hacks:- Part 38

QOTD: What is your favourite room in your home?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Having a meeting or job interview via Skype? Tape some googly eyes on either side of the webcam to help maintain eye contact. It may sound ridiculous but it really works! 

~ Burn yourself on something? Pour yellow mustard all over the area, and then rinse with cold water. It's like a magic eraser for burns.

~ Broke college tip: Potatoes are cheaper than Ramen, have more nutritional value, and will keep you full for longer

~ Is your dog addicted to tennis balls? Don't spend a fortune on them, call your local racquet club instead. They usually have hundreds of used ones they will sell for cheap, or even give away for free!

~ Just cleaned up broken glass? Lay a flash light on the floor. Any left over pieces will make a shadow so you can easily pick them up before your feet do.

~ Keep the mosquitoes away this summer by simply pointing a fan at yourself. Mosquitoes are really weak flyers and tend to get blown away at winds of 3 mph. Tip: Aim another fan at your ankles.

~ Feeling down? Try eating some oatmeal, salmon, milk, cereal, dark chocolate or bananas. These foods have all been proven to boost your mood.

~ It's that time of year again.

Bees: Cute and fluffy, just want to spread love and pollen, honey, does NOT want to sting you

Wasps: Evil and angry, eats meat, long yellow legs of sin, DOES WANT TO STING YOU

~ Have the hiccups? Inhale through your mouth, swallow your saliva twice and slowly exhale through your nose. Hiccups gone 

~ How long should you nap for?

10-20 minutes - To boost alertness, energy, and a good way to refresh and get back to work.

30 minutes - Never! Studies shown that these leave you feeling extremely groggy.

60 minutes - To improve your fact, face, and name recognition.

90 minutes - To improve emotional, procedural memory and creativity. Also the easiest to wake up from.