Chapter 28- All Over Again

My heart was racing. My hands started shaking and I didn't know what to do with myself.

I prepared for the blow of his angry voice.

But it never came...
Instead, he slapped his hand on my shoulder and said:

"Oh! Mia! How great to see you."

My face tightened and I plastered a fake smile onto my unwilling face.

"Tom." I simply said. My voice was strained and Cameron seemed to notice because he looked at me questioningly.

I dismissed him with a small smile and turned back to my problem.

"Listen, I don't want any trouble, so could you just walk away and never come back, maybe?" I asked.

But just as he was about to say something else, Logan ran up to us with a big grin on his face.

"Tom! My man, what're you doing here?" He said.

Wait, what?

They continued their loud greeting and then started walking away towards the café at the top of the beach.

Then I was turned to by Cameron.
"What was that about?" He demanded.

I looked at him; he had a serious expression on his face. I knew he would let this go until I told him.

What did I have to lose? Only my sanity, innocence, liberty.

What am I saying, I've already lost all that.

"He's the guy, Cam. He probably found out where I was. You know, the one who isn't allowed to be near me."

He looked puzzled for a moment or two before his face filled with realisation.

Instead of getting angry, though, he just pulled me into a tight hug and reassured me.

"It's okay, Princess. Everything is going to be okay. We'll spend the day together, away from him." He whispered in my ear.

I smiled. How did I get so lucky?

"Well, I agree, you are lucky to have me. I mean, look at me." Cameron laughed.

I really need to stop saying things aloud.

"There's just a quick thing I need to do first. Something I should've done a long time ago." I said.

I started approaching where Logan and Tom were sitting and my heart was racing.

Maybe I should turn back?
No. You're going to do this.
I can't...
You're stronger now. He can't hurt you, now go for it.
Fine.

I had a mini, mental conversation with myself before addressing the two boys.

"Logan, would you mind if I had a moment with Tom for a second?" I asked, my voice straining as I said his name.

"Sure." Logan said simply.

Tom then stood up, a confused grin on his face.

That wouldn't be there for long, I smiled evily to myself.

As soon as he was up and away from the table, I raised my clenched fist and, with all my force and anger towards him, I lunged it towards his face.

My fist connected with his jaw and to my surprise, it was harder than I thought it would.

He was also shocked at this action because he stumbled backwards and his hands flew to his jaw.

Once out of my daze, I looked around to see everyone staring at me and Logan and Cameron just staring at me.

"You know, I would punch you back, but you're a girl so..." Tom said with ease.

I had a new found coincidence after that. And for some reason, I wasn't afraid anymore.

"Well, that's not what you said when you abused me. When you forced me into things that I wasn't ready for." I yelled.

His eyes were staring daggers into me and if they were real, I'd be dead already. HIS reaction suddenly changed to a sweet, innocent expression.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, looking confused.

"You know exactly what she means." Cameron said, walking up next to me and snaking his arm around my waist protectively.

"DO you want me to punch you again? 'Cause I will." I warned.

I was over that scared and paranoid girl who put a wall up in front of her every time she was getting close to someone because of her past. I was a new person. I that girl who would stick up for herself and face up to her problems instead of hiding away from it all.

"Fine, fine. I'm leaving..." He started walking away but stopped and turned back to us, "oh and by the way, I went to visit your brother's grave the other day. It was great fun." He smirked.

My blood was boiling by now and I lunged forwards like a lion ready to attack but Cameron held me back.

"He's not worth it, Mia." I struggled against his grip, "Leave it." He said again, through gritted teeth.

I sighed and stepped back, leaning into Cameron for support. He held me tightly and I watched as Tom left towards the car park.

"Care to explain what the hell is going on?" A frustrated voice owned by Logan burst out.

~~~~~∆~~~~~

Sorry this came so late, exams...
I know it's not as long but I wanted to end it on that to lead into the next chapter.

Anyway, here it is! Hope you enjoyed it.