Chapter 8: Just A Normal Day

I woke up with a call coming from the headquarters. I picked up the phone and answered the call. Duke told me that I have to be back at the HQ immediately. I told him that I would be there in a few minutes. I hung up and started to wash up and change as I have brought clothing with me and I forgot to mention it earlier. As I have finished changing and washing up, I went out from the toilet and saw Raven waking up. She asked me where  was going. I told her that I have to go to work. She nodded and asked me if I was coming back later. I said, "I will." I left the room and Kono was waiting for me outside. I hopped into the car and went to HQ. The ride there was quiet. I yawned. Kono asked, "Did you get any sleep last night?" I told her no because Raven woke up at midnight. And I stayed up. She nodded and sped through the traffic and arrived at HQ in 5 minutes. 

We went in and saw everybody on the floor unconscious. I went and check on them. They were still alive luckily. We went upstairs and went into our office. We saw the team lying on the ground unconscious as well. We checked on them. We did everything we could to wake up them up but there was no use. I was feeling the urge to vomit but I didn't. I also do not know why I was reacting like that. Maybe it was because of my powers or some sort. I was inside Steve's room and saw all of his pictures. One of them was a baby ultrasound picture. I smiled. I looked closely and saw the name. It was Ruby McGarrett. I teared up a bit. I set the picture down and went out from the office. I was alone. The team was on the floor and Kono was no where to be found. I was panicking. I tried calling her cell but it was no use. Her phone was turned off. 

I couldn't wait for the others to wake up, so I left the room and looked around the whole HQ. It was tiring but I searched it all. While I was finishing up searching for Kono, which as unsuccessful, I got a call from Steve. He asked me where I was. I told him that I was in the basement and that I will be coming up in a few moments. He said alright and he hung up. I went up to the main floor and saw everybody waking up. I helped them and once I was done, I took the elevator and went up. Once I was up, I headed into the office and saw everybody trying to stabilize themselves. I helped up Steve, then Chin and Danny. They all asked me where Kono is. I told them I don't know where she is. Chin gave me a worried face. I told him, "I know what you are feeling right now Chin, but we have to keep it together and work this out together." He calmed down. 

I went through the main monitor and tried searching Kono by tracking her phone. Even though her phone is off, but we were still able to track it. There was a light ding. And it showed that she is in the building. I tried looking in closer and found out she is in one of the interrogation rooms. I turned on the camera inside the room and it showed Kono in blood all over her. It was not pretty. Chin marched out of the room and went to the interrogation room. He tried opening the door but there was no use. I told him to calm down and head back up to the office. He calmed down again and he nodded. We headed back up and the only way to see if Kono was alright was through the main monitor. 

I looked at the monitor and saw someone wearing a mask and talking to Kono. We couldn't hear the voices as it was damaged. Danny said we could ask their hacker to help. I told them that it would be a waste of time to get him. Danny said, "What are we supposed to do then?" That's where I said, "I got a few tricks up my sleeve. I typed a lot of programming into the system. The team was shocked of how I knew ho to hack. It was pretty easy. It not a hard decryption of the systems anyways. After a few moments of typing, we could hear their conversation. The team asked how I knew about this. It was a secret that I could tell them later. They nodded and we carried on.

The conversation was kind of confusing. The masked person sounded like he wants somebody. He said, "I want to find someone. She goes by the name HellFire." Kono said that she doesn't know anyone with the name HellFire. The masked person was brutally punching Kono on the face. All of us couldn't take it anymore. I quickly programmed the camera outside the interrogation room and it showed the hallway. I also programmed a code where it will open the door to the interrogation room. But, I didn't press enter yet. I told Steve he needs to press this button when I'm outside the room. He nodded but he asked, "Why are you going there?! Its dangerous!" I replied with," Sometimes you need to know the truth and now is the time." whilst leaving the room.

When I arrived at the room, I gave the thumbs up sign to the camera and Steve pushed enter. The door opened. I pushed the door and said to the masked person, "Let her go! I am the one you want!" The masked person snickered along with a sly smile. "You? A tiny woman?" He laughed. I shot him. He went down tumbling. He was dead, so I presumed. I cut the ropes off of Kono. We were heading out of the room. But, all of a sudden, the masked person pulled my leg and I fell face first on the cold floor. Kono was basically shooting at the guy. But he wouldn't budge. I knew that he was one of me. An Inhuman. We inhumans, could heal so fast than the sound of light. I told Kono that she should stop and go to the main monitor. She hesitated. I basically shouted at her saying, "GO!" She ran up the stairs and went into the main monitor. Chin greeted with a smile. Steve smiled and so did Danny. Now, they were worried about me.