Kiss Me in the Rain.

Chapter 38

"Good morning!" Riley was rubbing his nose trying to get Lucas to wake up. "Baaabyy." Lucas started to smile .

"Hi beautiful."

"Good morning handsome. You ready to get up?" He started to stretch, and finally opened his eyes with a mischevious grin. "NO!" Riley shouted, he pulled her down to lay beside him.

"This is a nice change of pace you waking me up." He held her down and squeezed. "But, now you aren't going anywhere."

"Maya and Josh are going to be here in 30 minutes."

"Nooo." She loved it when he got whiny.

"Yes." He didn't say anything. "I brought you coffee." He opened up one of his eyes. "I'm making breakfast." Both of Lucas' green eyes were staring at her. "I'll make brownies later if you get up now." She grinned, knowing that would do it.

"I'm up!" He used his abs to sit him up in bed. Riley hopped off of the mattress and passed him the cup of coffee. "Did you take your medicine?"

"Yup, and I don't feel completely out of it, which is great." She smiled at him. "I'm going to start your shower." The brunette kissed his cheek and left the room. Lucas took a sip of coffee and realized how lucky he was. "BABE! Don't let your water get cold."

The officer sauntered into the bathroom and set his coffee down on the counter. "You wanna join me?"

"Bummer, I already took a shower. Rain check?"

"Absolutely!" He took off his shirt that he fell asleep in last night. "You sure you don't want to join me?"

She bit her lip and looked at him. "Stop that! You can't just use your body to get your way."

"What else am I supposed to use it for?" She slapped his arm and gave him a kiss.

"I'm going to go start breakfast! Special request?"

"Pig bacon."

"You got it." Riley shut the door and took a deep breath, she was one flex away from caving in. After the brunette calmed down she walked into the kitchen, pulling out what she'd need for an extravagant breakfast. The dancer started flipping pancakes and scrambling eggs, when Lucas turned the corner. "Hey, that was fast!"

"All the more time i'll get to spend with you my dear."

"Alright, let's get out of Little Red Riding Hood and get back to reality." She giggled while the officer hugged her from behind and kissed her neck.

"Hey babe, one day can we sleep in? Like past 9?"

"One day, but if you sleep the day away what fun would that be?"

"I wish I had your energy!" He sat at the bar.

"Well, i've been running again." She closed her eyes, ready to be yelled at. "I mean not running, like just waking up earlier for morning pract-"

"Riley, have you been running?"

"He said I couldn't lift, he didn't say I couldn't run." Lucas set his cup of coffee down.

"Baby, if you're afraid to tell me something don't you think that's a red flag that you shouldn't do that. Please hold off till we go back to see Dr. Hays, i'm sure it's fine but, for me. Because you love me." She rolled her eyes. "I'm going to take that as a 'yes sweetheart, for you I will certainly stop running until I get the all clear from my doctor'. Then i'd say, thanks baby I love you."