Sexy.

Chapter 10

"Lucas this is, amazing!" The room held a heavenly aroma of Bath & Body Works' Winter Candy Apple from the candles he lit that gave off the only light in the room. The bath was filled with bubbles and he was sitting on the edge of the tub.

He looked towards the ground shyly, "I uh, I found the candles and bubble bath when I checked your hall closet earlier. You deserve to relax." She set down her wine and hugged Lucas as he stood up. "I'll umm, i'll be right outside the door if you need me. Okay?"

Riley thought for a moment and caught him before he left, "Wait, umm I could get in and then you could come sit here and talk to me. If you want to, no pressure or anything. I'll cover myself." The officer swallowed the lump in his throat and shook his head quickly then walked out of the bathroom. As soon as he went outside the door he began punching the air from excitement. "You can come in." He took a deep breath and turned the door knob he kept his eyes to the floor and saw her jeans and t-shirt, his heart began to beat faster. He looked at Riley in the bathtub, she had strategically pulled the shower curtain over to hide herself.

He cleared his throat, "So um, what did you wanna talk about?"

"Are you this great to Missy? I mean honestly, I can understand now why she moved with you." Lucas slid his back down the wall.

"I was, but she never appreciated it. She'd find little things to nitpick. Like, I hate the smell or the water is too cold." The brunette could picture her saying that, and rolled her eyes. "So, eventually I just stopped."

"Well, you're an amazing person." There was a silent pause as they gazed at eachother. "You know you don't have to stay the full night with me. Right?" Lucas looked at her again and the bubbles covering her collarbone.

"I'm not gonna leave you."

Riley shyly looked towards the bubbles, "I don't know what I am going to do. He's not coming back tonight, but he will be sooner or later. I wonder if Maya would let me stay at her place since she stays at Josh's anyways? At least until my lease runs out in like a month or two, I don't remember."

"Where would you live then?" he appeared to be worried.

"I don't know I guess I will have to play it by ear." she started laughing out of nowhere, and Lucas looked at her like she was crazy. "He had to come back didn't he? I mean, as soon as I begin to relax a little he finds a way to bring back the memories."

"I'm going to catch this guy Riles. I am going to keep you safe, I promise."

She looked into his eyes, "I believe you. I hate to pry but, where are you going to start? They have no leads, they didn't catch him the first time, and I don't know this is just running through my mind."

"I'm going to ask to look into this case and I will look at everything from when, 'that' happened to you, and compare some things. Maybe even find a volunteer to keep an eye on you when I can't."

"No, don't do that. Please. Wait, do you think whoever is doing this knows me?"

"Riles, I can't say for sure on anything but whoever it was knew you weren't going to be here. This was to scare you, that note was meant to scare you, nothing was taken. And, this is Officer Friar telling you that I am going to ask for volunteers. No if ands or but's about it."

She knew it wasn't worth the argument, but she'd probably bring it up later. "Hop out of here and I will dry off." The green eyed boy did as instructed and sat on the couch, he heard some feet running on the hardwood and caught a glimpse of her closing the bedroom door.