"That's his son? Like really his son". I said feeling so heartbroken inside.

"Yes that's his son ". She said.

"Me and him are in a relationship when did all this stuff happen? How old is he?". I said staring at the little boy.

"He's um 8 months I think". She said.

"Wait you him are fucking around? That's why he so fucking distant. I cannot believe this nigga did this to us". She yelled.

This can't be right. Devin would never neglected a child like this especially if it's his own.  He just can't. He signed his name on Zoey's birth certificate   and I told him to leave it blank but then I got cussed out while he signed it so I couldn't say anything. Zoey isn't even his... This girl has to be lying. I ain't even gonna trip until he gets her imma be calm.

"I'll wait down here with you". I said turning the tv on.

This bitch lying.

________

I was making me a sandwhich when Devin came in,it was around 3 and ole girl and her son was still here she fell asleep.

"What the hell". I heard Devin mumble.

I heard footsteps coming in the kitchen. I felt him staring at me so I turned around.

"What's going on?". He said staring at me.

"Your babymomma in there said that you didn't sign your name on your son's birth certificate also he's 8 months and that she"s tired of stripping. Oh yeah and that she moved from Chicago to be with you but all you did was put her in a small condo". I said leaning on the counter.

He just started laughing and walked out the kitchen. I crossed my arms and followed him.

"Jen get up". I said shaking her.

She quickly got up and stared at Devin.

"Finally you came. You need to meet your son". She said standing up.

"How is is that my son?". He said looking at the boy.

"Because you the only one I fuck so how isn't it?". She said getting in his face.

"Jen we fucked twice less than 9 months. The little boy is almost 1 you would just now be having the baby if it was mine and you now damn well you ain't from no Chicago and I never bought you no condo the hell is wrong with you". He said in a very calm tone.

"But um-- he needs a father a--

I was done at this point. I knew something wasn't adding up right. I walked back in the kitchen and ate my sandwich. I have to much on my plate to be stressing over her probably. I heard her in there telling him sorry. I don't know why she even lied it makes no sense at all. A couple minutes later I heard the front door shut and lock.

I saved my other half for later and turned the late out.

"How long she was she here?". He asked as we walked up the stairs.

"Since 11, I texted you but I guess you were busy". I said getting on his bed.

"My bad my phone was dead. Sorry about her and her mess. Im glad you didn't just assume and go crazy like other girls". He said taking his shirt off.

"I was at first but I sat back and thought about and it just wasn't making sense so I waited for you". I said laying my head down.

"I understand. But I will never keep something away from you like that,I promise ". He said opening the bathroom door.

"Okay baby". I said getting on my phone.

I looked looked at my notication and seen Legend text me.

Legend: Jamari whenever you get the chance please call me. I really wanna talk to you every day I think about you and feel so much guilt just give me chance
-3:05 a.m

I read it about twice and didn't reply . I don't know what to say.

"You okay?". Devin said laying next to me.

"Yeah,wait why you smell like you fresh out the shower". I said laying on his chest.

"One of my homeboys got shot and I had his blood all over so I took a shower at my trap house ". He told me.

"Oh im sorry to hear that,is he okay?". I asked.

"Yeah he made it. Did you check on Zoey after we left?". He said.

"Yeah same ole same ole". I told him.

"She will make it through this". He said kissing my forehead.

"Devin I know this is early but I love you". I said truthfully.

"I love you too Jamari". He said back.