Chapter 16

Jamari:

"What in th--

I woke up in Devin's arm and it just shocked me. I got up slowly and walked out his room. Soon as I made it the hallway, someone rang the doorbell. I was gonna answer it but I just woke Devin.

"Get up". I said shaking him.

"Someone is at the door Devin". I said walking towards the window.

2 police cars was outside.

"Devin the Police is Here! Get up". I said hitting him.

His eyes popped opened and he hid the blunts in the Ash Tray and started pacing around a bit.

"Jamari answer it". He said peeking out the window.

I walked out the room and went downstairs to open the door.

"Hey are you Jamari?". The police said looking at me.

I gulped and looked at all the cops outside.

"Y-Yes why?". I said playing with my fingers.

"Is Jayonna with you?". He said looking around the house.

"Why?".

"Your Mother has Full Custody of her and I understand your her sister but she said that we have to take her home".

"B-but she do-

"I'm sorry we have to take her". He said coming into the house.

Jayonna was standing on top of the stairs looking at me with The puppy next to her.

"Come down here Jayonna". I said trying to be strong and hold in my tears.

She slowly came downstairs and I grabbed her Shoes and jacket by the door .

She ran to me and I picked her up.

"You gotta go with Momma for awhile but I will be back for you, okay?". I said letting the tears fall giving her a kiss.

"I don't wanna go". She said putting her head down in the crook of my neck.

"I know, don't worry it won't be for long". I said rubbing her back.

She started crying soon as I started to put her stuff on.

"It's gonna be Okay Jayonna". I said helping her.

"No it's not". She screamed.

I didn't know what else to tell her I will never win until I get custody . I just felt like breaking down and just cry. I try so hard and it never gets me anywhere.