Dan was Phil's. Phil was Dan's (a phanfiction)

The repetitive tapping of a pen was the only sound in the whole room. A low, continuous tapping of a pen against a blank piece of paper. Phil glanced at the time on his laptop. 2:46am. He wrote it down on the paper in front of him. He then quickly slammed his computer shut and hurriedly made his way to his bed, curling into a ball. Phil squeezed his eyes shut and tried to fall asleep, but he couldn't. The brown eyed boy kept creeping his way into his mind, but he was used to it. It wasn't the first time. Oh, it so wasn't the first time.
Phil turned over and stared at the ceiling. Quickly nodding to himself, he stood up, turned the bedside lamp on, and grabbed the paper and pen again.
He wrote down one single sentence: I think I'm in love with you

~~~~~~

2:51am he wrote. He couldn't sleep, again, so he figured adding to the paper wouldn't hurt.

"I could listen to your laugh forever."

Phil put the pen down and smiled to himself, reading the sentence over and over again. Dan did have a very uplifting laugh.

Every night, Phil would jot down a sentence, and every night, he would go to bed with a grin on his face. 

~~~~~

Dan walked into the kitchen, lazily scrubbing his eyes and yawning
"Good morning, Phil" he murmured
Phil smiled "Up for some cereal?"
"Alright" he said, in a bit of a whiny voice, considering he had just woken up.
Phil shuffled to the fridge and prepared two bowls of cereal. He then came back and sat down next to Dan, who had already sunk into the sofa, eyes glued to his computer.
Phil couldn't help but smile to himself. This was the guy he so dearly loved. And he wouldn't have him any other way.
"Thank you Philip" Dan nodded in a poshly way, a slight smile creeping onto his face.
"My pleasure, Mr.Howell" Phil replied, bowing before sitting next to him, turning his own laptop on.
A couple of hours passed before the two boys decided they should go get ready.
Dan headed to the bathroom where he stripped from his sweatpants and shirt and got under the warm shower water. When he was done, he wrapped a towel around his waist and headed to his room where he put on his underwear and jeans. They were going to stay home the whole day, so Dan thought why not wear something comfortable? He looked into his wardrobe. The only hoodie he had laying around was his korean one, which wasn't exactly the most comfortable piece of clothing he owned. All his other hoodies were in the washing machine at the time. He liked his hoodies whenever he was home, so he basically wore one everyday.
"Phil has a lot of hoodies" he thought.
He walked across the hallway to Phil's room and knocked, getting no answer. A faint hum and water running could be heard. Dan chuckled at Phil's pitchy voice.
"I'll just grab a hoodie and leave, he won't mind"
He opened the door and immediately saw Phil's green hoodie lazily thrown on top of the desk.
"Ah, that'll do" Dan thought to himself, walking over to the desk, picking up the hoodie and putting it on.
He was just about to leave when a single piece of paper caught his eye. It had Phil's messy handwriting all over it. Phil usually had pretty neat handwriting, which made Dan even more intrigued. He picked up the piece of paper and read it.
His initially confused expression slowly transformed into a wide grin, his ears rising, his eyes softening. He read the paper over and over again, his grin getting wider and wider each time his eyes read a now familiar line. Dan put the paper to his chest and sighed in content.
He heard the water head being turned off and quickly put the paper down, being careful to position it exactly how it was before, and left the room, millions of thoughts running through his head. Now was his time to make a move. It was either now or never. And now seemed like a much more pleasant choice.

~~~~~~

"Hey, Dan?"
"Yeah?" he replied from his room
"I found something for the radio show, want to come take a look at it?"
Dan made his way to the room across the hall where Phil was sitting on his bed. Dan took a seat next to him and read the article. It was for the internet news. It a pretty funny story to include on the show, a hilarious one actually.
Dan wrapped one arm around Phil's neck.
"Yes! That's great, let's include that in the show!"
Phil nodded, and quickly went back to reading more emails.
"Hey, Phil?"
"Yeah?"
"I feel like we don't hang out like we used to. Sure we live together and talk and see each other everyday, but I feel like we don't spent quality time together like we did before. Youtube, the radio show, and all these trips are really time consuming. It's nice, don't get me wrong, I love it, but maybe we could spend one day, just the two of us, like we used to."
Phil nodded. He felt the exact same way, but he was afraid to say it. Youtube an the radio were the best jobs he could dream of, but sometimes he felt like he didn't have time to do any other things he enjoyed doing. One of them being spending time with Dan.
"Great! So how about we go play some Sonic?"
Without giving Phil time to answer, Dan grabbed his hand and pulled him to the lounge where the both of them plopped down and grabbed their ps3 remotes.
The boys spent the rest of the afternoon playing video games and having fun like they did when they first met. It felt good, really. Both of them hadn't even noticed how much they missed each other's company.