I'll Wait For You

I love those perfect mornings. Birds chirping in the trees, lines of light shining through the window blinds, a faint scent of breakfast being cooked. Being so comfortable and warm wrapped in your many blankets. Everything seems so peaceful, and untouched. Slipping on clean socks or house slippers, peaking through the window blinds to watch the sunrise. The mornings are when everything is innocent, the birth of the day.

The night however, it puts the morning to shame. The night is when life lives, when it takes a calm exhale from the evils that happened throughout the day. The night is when you feel the most alone, and the most treasured. To look up at the limitless expense and know someday you'll join the stars is worth it all. The night is associated with darkness and death but that's not true. The night is when your imagination runs wild and you feel what the daylight hid from you. What I felt was fear and abandonment.

When I awoke, the sun shining brightly in my eyes I was started to see a boy laying beside me fast asleep. He was rolled over, the back of his head facing me. He snored lightly, taking in short but calm breaths. I tried to sit up quietly without waking him but it didn't work. Soon as I sat up so did he, looking around frantically than fixating his green eyes on mine.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking me up at down for a sign of trouble. I shook my head.

"Jay, why are you here?" I asked slowly. He stiffened immediately. I lifted the covers nervously to see if I had on anything under them.

"No no, we didn't do anything." He reassured. The pajama pants seconded his statement and I relaxed. "I called you last night, I was worried about you." I closed my eyes rubbing my temples remembering my groggy temper. "You fell asleep during the call and you started to cry and whimper. You started to talk but I couldn't understand you then you started to yell and scream... I dropped everything and ran over here as fast as I could, your door was locked but your window wasn't so I climbed through. You were laying on your bed, kicking your sheets off the bed and just rolling back and forth crying. When you woke up you looked at me like I had hit you." I remembered now, that horrible dream. I crawled off the bed standing awkwardly at the end of the bed.

"You broke into my house?" I questioned. He looked flustered like he hadn't fully thought into it.

"To help you." He reinstated like it would make a difference. He tilted his head looking at me. "What was your dream about? I've never seen anyone look as scared as you did."

I blinked blankly, I didn't want to tell him it was about him. "I was being," I stuttered. "Being hurt. Badly. When I woke up I thought you were the guy." At least I didn't lie. He glared at me like he didn't believe what I was saying was the truth. He knew I wasn't telling him everything.

"Do you want to go to the park later? I want to ask you something."

"What are you going to ask me?" I couldn't help the smile that crossed my lips. I was excited and nervous. He was going to ask me out.

"It's a secret." He smiled, as if confirming my thoughts. "I have to go home though, change my clothes. If you want I'll come pick you up?"

I smiled. "I'll wait for you."

______________

This was a short chapter, but I got a big surprise for you guys 😉

You're going to like it

Promise