The Seventh Queen

Start from the beginning

"You sly serpent of the devil," Anne hissed, "You deceiver of deceivers. Tainted man of Satan. What have ye done to me and my marriage? What have ye done to my daughter?"

"The charges that have been brought forth against you are of the following: Adultery, incest, and High treason against the king himself. What plead you?" Thomas stated more then asked.

She smirked at the accusations. They were a pathetic attempt at soiling her reputation. She had never done such things. Had never slept with her brother nor had she ever slept with another man besides the King himself. But what use was it to fight these charges. They would win against her. The king himself would see to that.

"Not guilty,"

"Yet we have proof and accounts that convict you of these illicit crimes. Did you or did you not have sexual relations with Mark Smeaton, Sir Henry Norris, and George Boleyn?" Thomas said loud enough to fill the entire room. Anne gasped. Why would they believe that she had ever had sexual relations with her brother. "And did you or did you not conspire with these multiple lovers to kill the king?"

Kill the king! The words rang pain through her heart like a heated sword. She clutched at her chest and tried to stay as calm as she could amongst these destructive men.

"Who has accused me of such things? I would never betray his majesty. I would never try to kill him. I love him," it was all she could say between her sobs.

But the group around her was as cold as vipers watching their prey. None budged at the tears she was spilling. None cared to comfort her. Thomas' smile widened.

"We, the parliament and witnesses of god, declare thee guilty and to be sentenced to death," Thomas said as he motioned for the guards to take her away.

Xxxxxxxx

Now she watched as Henry took form in his bedroom window. He was too cowardly to face her death properly. She swallowed her anger and took note that once she was dead she would finally be happy and free. She let a smile crass her luscious lips as she came to the steps that would lead her to her death.

Xxxxxxx

Anthony Kingston entered the room that had been the Queen's quarters for the last four days. Every window had been opened and the foul smell of dying England had drifted into every corner of the room by now. He saw her sitting at the window watching the mass grow larger as her execution drew near. Was it enough for her to know that she was loved by the people of England? He doubted this. She turned to look at him. Her eyes were moist with tears once spilled. He watched her motion for him to come to her.

"Mr. Kingston, I hear that I shall not die afore noon," she started, "And I am very sorry therefore, for I thought to be dead by this time and past my pain."

He watched as her eyes registered the events that were going to pass. First the pain as her eyes moistened, then anger as flames erupted in her pupils, and finally they lit up with happiness. The final emotion confused him.

"There should be no pain, it is so little,"

"I heard say the executioner was very good," she paused for a second, giving him a brief glance and then a faint smile as her next words passed her lips, "And I have a little neck," she brought up her delicate hands and placed them around her neck. She let out a hearty laugh and glanced at everyone that was in the room. Her chamber maids hung their heads and dared not look at her. Even Anthony felt like kissing the Queen a final goodbye.

Mr. Kingston had experienced many executions, many had been women, but she, the Queen, seemed to be joyous for her death. She laughed and joked as if her head were not about to be cut off. He felt her hand touch his and heard her ask for him to perform a mass for her.

"I swear on the eternal salvation of my soul, upon the Holy Sacraments, that I have never been unfaithful to my King," so she said before and after receiving the body and blood of Christ.

Xxxxxxxx

Anne ushered for her two ladies' in waiting to stay behind at the bottom step as she made her final walk to the scaffold. She widened her grin, confusing many of the members of the crowd. They looked amongst each other. Asking with their eyes for the answers to her peculiar behavior. But only Anne knew the answers. She was happy for this death. It meant her escape from all of the pain she had caused herself.

"Good Christian People. I am come hither to die, for according to the law, and by the law I am judged to die, and therefore I will speak nothing against it." she spoke her final words with a heavy heart, "I am come hither to accuse no ma, nor to speak anything of that, where of I am accused and condemned to die, but I pray to God save the King and send him long to reign over you, for a gentler nor a more merciful prince was there never,"

"And to me he was ever a good, a gentle, and sovereign lord. And if any person will meddle of my cause, I require them to judge the best. And thus I take my leave of this world and of you all, and I heartily desire you all to pray for me. O lord have mercy on me, to God I commend my soul," with her final words she knelt in front of the scaffold in the upright French style of executions. "To Jesus Christ I commend my soul; Lord Jesus receive my soul."

Her ladies in waiting removed her ornate headdress and necklaces. One then tied a blindfold over her eyes.

"Where is my sword?"

The last words the Queen would hear before her death. She knew that the executioner had tried distracting her from her death, but she knew the sword was close to her. Death took her soul and raised it into heaven.