Phoenix shot a seductive smile her way. "You're looking stunning today today, Stacy-Macy. Would-" 

Stacy cut him off with a glare. "You did not just call me Stacy-Macy. No popcorn for you." 

Phoenix swore and ran a hand through his hair.  

"James?" Stacy inquired.  

"I have nothing to say, Stacy, other than the simple request of whether or not you'd be willing to share your popcorn with me." 

Stacy beamed. "Of course you may, James." 

Pride filled me. My mate was such a gentleman.  

The girls and I glared at Connor and Phoenix.  

Connor scowled. "Fuck, Stacy. You made me look bad. What does this skinny farmboy have that I don't?" He gestured to James as the 'skinny farmboy' even though James was far from that. He was kind, charming, sexy, and all mine.  

"He has lots of things you don't and more. He has a brain. A pretty face. And mainly, he has a big pen-" 

Connor launched himself at her before she could finish her sentence. Trisha and I went hysterical. Stacy shrieked as she tumbled to the floor with Connor but somehow managed to slide her bowl of popcorn safely to the other side of the table.  

Connor held down a writhing Stacy and yelled at Phoenix. "Quick! Get the popcorn!"  

Phoenix did as he was told. Both boys stuffed their faces with popcorn and chewed slowly in Stacy's face. She yelled out in anger. 

I turned to James, pleased to see he was already watching me with an almost intense gaze. I smiled at him.  

"Is he really your mate?"  

Shocked I abruptly looked at Trisha. She grinning from ear to ear with an expression of excitement.  

"Who told you that?" I asked her.  

"Stacy." 

Of course.  

Smiling sheepishly, I said, "He is." 

Trisha squealed with happiness but it was barely heard over Stacy's, Connor's, and Phoenix's screams.  

"At least now you can fulfill your fantasy of him at first sight." 

I blushed, remembering when I had first seen James and whispered "Fuck me, James" to Trisha. She'd gone hysterical.

"Okay, guys, I think that's enough!" Trisha grabbed the bowl of popcorn away from the three arguing babies of the pack. They all shouted in a synchronized protest.  

Trisha rolled her eyes. "You guys need to calm down. We will all share the popcorn. As for the movie, I declare tonight to be Fright Night." 

Connor and Phoenix whooped in joy.  

"Can we invite Roxy?" Connor asked jokingly, but we all took it seriously and to offense.  

"I hereby declare Connor no longer a member of Fright Night. Are all in acceptance of this?" I anounced.  

Everyone's hand shot up in the air.  

Connor gaped. "Guys, I was just kidding." 

"Get out, Connor!" Stacy yelled.  

"Shut it, bird girl!" 

"Bird girl?" Her eyes blazed in fury.  

"You heard me."