Chapter 1

"Now you guys are going to stay in here and think about your actions." Principal Winston ordered as he shut the door behind him and left us in the quiet room.

As soon as his footsteps were far away, we burst out laughing

"Oh my god, did you see Mr. Hernandez' face? It was priceless." June said as we all calmed down.

Someone cleared their throat behind us. We turned around and there stood Mr. Hernandez, the very same teacher June was talking about, the one we just broke his classroom windows because we hate him. Yeah, he was standing right there in front of us. I could see June's face turning red.

"Well  Miss Preciado, maybe if you have a camera right now you could take a picture of my face." He said.

"Umm, we'll take our seats." Aaron said pulling a red face, completely embarrassed June towards the back of the classroom where other people were staring at our grand entrance.

We sat down in silence and Mr. Hernandez went back to his desk staring at everyone.

I looked around. Everyone went back to stare at the wall because… well this is detention there's nothing better to do than stare at walls and the ceiling.

"This sucks." I heard Aaron complain.

"Yeah, stuck with Hernandez." Jessie muttered.

Mr. Hernandez looked at us and we all turned around avoiding his gaze.

The room was extremely quiet and very uncomfortable. I had to admit, it was the first time I came to detention. I was usually a good girl, got straight A's, stayed home most of the time instead of partying like other girls, helped my parents,  and all that sort of thing. But I also want to have fun, and since this is my senior year I should enjoy it.

Jessie, June Aaron and a couple of other friends were sitting down at the lunch tables today gathered around a plan that Jessie had come up with.  We were to ditch class today and gather as many items in a list (scavenger hunt) and whoever  had the most items before the last class wins. Of course everyone was up to it. There was something in the twins that made them agreeable with, even if they say to jump of the three story building because there would be cake when its over. Pretty crazy but I'm sure if they mention something about it, everyone will be lined up to do it.

So, at the end of lunch she hands out a list of items and wishes everyone good luck telling them they could work in pairs. I quickly ran over to Aaron, who smiled at me and asked if I wanted to team up with me. Of course I wanted to. In fact, I wanted more than just to team up with him. I wanted to be his girlfriend. I've liked him ever since I first saw him in the halls of school the first day of freshman year.  He didn’t know me at first but we had English class together and that’s how we started talking, with the teacher assigning us a project together.  I bless that teacher now because it was her that brought us together. Well, we're not together as in boyfriend and girlfriend (that’s the part that I'm working on) but we are really close.

Back to how we got here… Aaron and I were looking for a pine cone when the twins caught up to us and started saying how good it will feel to break a classroom's windows, especially the teacher who's guarding us right now. Aaron of course agreed but I had my doubts. Yep, I was the one trying to get the out of this plan but they never listened to me. But I cant say I didn’t enjoy getting up the two story building next to the main one to get a clear view of Hernandez' window and just throwing rocks at it. And I'm extremely proud to say that it was my throw that actually broke that window.

My parents are going to kill me tonight.

I heard Jessie groan and placed her head on the desk.