The Lady

The Lady

     Sometimes my mom can be the worst thing that ever happened to me. My mom works at this auction place where they give out these random prizes to random people. Today is a Saturday, one of the only days you get off from school. I have lots of other things a would like to be doing, but mom wanted to drag me to this, again. I’ve been to this place before and its definitely eye catching. Not in a good way. The building looked like it was built 2,000 years ago. The bottom looked like it couldn’t hold any weight at all. The paint was chipped, windows broken, and worst of all it was owned by this really crazy lady. Her name is Alice. People never talk to her because whenever they do she tells them something some random that would never happen to you. She is the strangest little lady I have ever seen, but I guess that is why she owns this place.

    Me and my mom never had a lot of money so we moved here to start over. When we moved here and that meant that I had to leave my best friend in the world behind. Her name is Stormi. We have been best friends for about a year and a half now, but when we meet something just clicked. It took some time, but now we are inseparable. When I had to move here I had to leave Stormi behind. She is the best friend that anyone could have, she is kind, she cares about you, and she will laugh with you and she is the one you want there when you just want someone to talk to. She is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Whenever I thought that I was alone, she was right there.     

    When we got here there wasn’t many job opportunities. The only one was one for Alice’s Auction House. My mom of course loved the idea of working at an auction house, and was excited for the job interview. When she meet up with Alice for the job interview she said the Alice was a strange and creepy little woman, but she got the job and was going to take it.

    So now I’m stuck at this auction house with my mom which isn’t as bad as having to be in the same room with Alice. She seriously gives me the creeps.

“ Come on this will be fun, just don’t pay attention to her ok?” My mom said trying to make me love this, but I think that is impossible.

“ I’ll try, as long as I can bid on something.” I said trying to get something out of this.

“ Fine, but I don’t want you bidding over $15.00 alright?” She told me.

“ Yeah, I promise.” I assured her.

    After that the bidding started. A while later Alice started to walk over to me. I was getting a little jumpy. She just looked right at like she was looking into my soul.

“Hi there Haley.” Alice said in a creepy kind of way, like she wasn’t even looking at me, she was looking at the door. At the door there was this big looking man about 375 pounds, maybe nodding at her.

“ Um... hi Alice.” I said kind of wondering what she was doing here.

    As soon as I said that, just like a bolt of lightning she was looking at me and smiling at me. Apparently I had her full attention. I was not happy about that.

“ I was just walking by when I was wondering if you were going to bid on something.” Alice said.

“ Yeah I was planning on it, but I haven’t decided yet.” I said still wondering why she was here.

“ Well I think that I have a suggestion for you. I think that you should bid on the tickets to the hunted house on Middle Rd. Its supposed to be really scary. You should bid on it.” Alice said looking at me as if she was the sweetest thing in the world.