Chapter 3: Tripping

Start from the beginning

I walked inside and touched the black velvet sofa. I hadn’t sat down on something soft for 7 years. 

I sat down and smiled. Aaahhhhh that felt good.

I walked into my bedroom and horrified looked at myself in the mirror. I looked as bad as I smelled.

I walked over to the bathroom, peed and turned on the shower. Running water, such a luxury.

I quickly undressed and washed myself and my hair, choosing a scent from the numerous bottles of shampoo that were still standing on the shelf.

After being reborn in the shower I got out and wrapped myself in a huge fluffy towel.

A maid was standing there with the clothes and underwear that Mother had send upstairs.

Ugh a corset and robes. I hated those.

After been dressed I went over to my mother’s quarters and took the two glasses of blood that a manservant had in his hands who was just about to enter the room.

“Leave us.” I ordered.

My mother was sitting behind her huge wooden desk, staring and typing on her laptop.

“Pull up a chair and sit down next to me.” she ordered.

I rolled my eyes, set down the glasses and got a chair.

“Look. This is real. I am not insane.” She turned the screen towards me grinning.

I read the online newspapers and watched the news.

This was not a joke, this was real!

A blue alien with three breasts. WTF.

“Mother, I apologise. Clearly you are not as insane as I originally thought.” I said to her.

She smiled and reached over to her glass.

She took and sip and sloshed it around in her mouth like it was a good wine.

I grinned. Maybe I should retract my former statement.

“Oh honey, you should really try this. This human has only been fed blue cheese. It is delicious.”

I took a sip and smiled. She was right.

My dear mother was a nutter, but she had taste.

She tipped my glass while I was drinking to make sure that I finished the whole lot.

I had to keep my face blank from smiling from ear to ear. She still treated me the same as like when I was four.

She brushed my hair with my hands. “Didn’t the hairdresser came to your quarters?”.

I rolled my eyes.

“No.”

“I’ll have his head for this insolence.”

“Oh, don’t be such a drama queen, mother. I was only there for 20 minutes. Hardly time for him to arrive.”

“He is vampire. 20 Minutes is more than sufficient.” She declared.

At that very same moment the poor man came running in, panting and sweating little droplets of blood.

Mother walked over and the man flew on his knees. “My queen, forgive me.”

“A little too late, my dear man!” Mother said before snapping his neck.

I stood there watching. After all these years I was still not used to her scale of violence.