Lifting the bamboo curtain, The empty space is revealed. " I knew it, This shrine has no god. " Nanami stated. " Would you mind telling me what's going on" She asked as the snake leered at us.

" A long time ago there was a large river near here where children would get swept away. The villagers feared that it was cursed. so they built a shrine and that's how this place got started. Gods like Lady Yonomori who came into being because of human needs can not maintain their presence without those humans. The humans abandoned this land. and lady Yonomori went into hiding. but I wont abandon it. I'm going to protect Lady Yonomori and this shrine. Because it is the duty of a familiar." He spoke the truth. I can see it in his eyes.

Nanami looked as if she were about to cry.. So the only reason he kidnapped Nanami is because he was lonely.. I don not understand.. I have lived alone for years without even the touch of the love of another person.. the people and demons that I met hated me and cursed me..  SO I do not understand. But Nanami seemed to understand to some point and she expressed her thoughts.

But The snake had a horrible glint in his eyes as he spoke to her. " Stay by my side forever" He ordered as I stood my guard.. I clawed at him as he came closer.. He hugged Nanami as I snarled and pushed him away.. I Stood in front of Nanami as she spoke. " I'm sorry I cant stay here with you forever... I have people who are waiting for me to return. Tomoe is probably looking for me right now and Umio is in my care.. I cant stay here forever.. I'm sorry. " He them hugged her.. I lunged for him and we tussled on the floor as poison reacted to him.. I screamed in pain.. my voice came out as a growl mixed with my scream.. But slowly, I stood up.. " I will not let you have her.. I will not let you have my master. She is my master.. She is my master.. She has given me a place to run to and to stay.. she gave me a home when everyone hated me.. SHE IS MY MASTER!!!" I screamed as I transformed once again But to a full scale.. I growled as scales wrapped itself around me and my body and poison dripped my claws, melting the floor. Just as I attacked him,, Nanami screamed for Tomoe and he appeared..

" Umio you dare claim Nanami as your!" He growled then glared at the snake with ffox fire burning on his hand. " You dare lay a hand on our lady and mistress.. You had better be prepared for a beating." He growled as I stood up and stood beside Tomoe.. He pet my head slightly.." Thank you for protecting her while I could not.." He spoke to me I grunted.. She is my master as well. " Get away from her. " We growled as we shot fire at him.  Tomoe ran for Nanami and hugged her as I watched.. Feeling left out..

Even if I have a home, I will never be apart of their little family.. I  know that.. " Oh boy.. I never though that you would get in here Tomoe.." The snake spoke  as he put the fire out.. " Trying to burn down a water god's shrine. Your a former wild fox.. Its very like you.. And a half mutt.. never taught how to properly act.. I pity you..  You both started out as youkai, against me, a divine familiar, you really mean to fight me and win?" he said darkly as I smirked.. so did Tomoe. " This? a water god's shrine?" Your water god and this shrine crumbled down long ago.. This artificial place you made is just to make you feel better. Thanks to that, I couldn't get in as easily as Umio.. "  The snake looked completely broken.. shocked.. as if he didn't know.. but I know how if feel to know the truth but push it away in the far depth of your mind.

Tomoe set ablaze the whole room as The snake franticly tried to put the fire out but the whole shrine has already been surrounded. The sprites ran into the room.. " Master Mizuki! Fire in the yard!" They screamed crying as the snake looked panicked and ran out of the room heading for the plum tree. we followed him..

" SO this is your corner stone.. Everything but this tree is fake.. everything is built around this tree. " Tomoe concluded. the snake sounded as if he could cry. " That's right.. this is all I have left. Lady Yonomori's tree.  It's my precious tree. " He smiled sadly  and he suddenly tried to be stuck up.. trying desperately to save the tree. but Tomoe sent his fire at it.. And I remembered his words.. The only reason the snake could move forward was because of the tree. I let the wind send Tomoe's fire in a different direction.. And stood in front of the tree.  " Tomoe that is enough.. What if he were to destroy Mikage's mirror.. What that mirror to you is what this tree Is to the snake.. Stop being pitiful.. We got our master back already. " I growled as the snake looked up to me slightly..

Nanami walked up to the crying snake. " Mizuki, Tomoe has come for me so i'm going to go home. I'm sorry I couldn't stay with you but I promise that if you every get lonely, ill come see the  plum blossoms with you again., " And with that.. Tomoe took Nanami's hand and started to walk away.. " Come on Umio.. Lets go home.." Nanami said as I nodded. But I stopped in front of Mizuki..

" You are pitiful. You have felt the love of someone who cares for you before, yet you are greedy.. They wish for you to be happy, yet you drag your own false happiness on using others. I suggest you learn to cherish the memory and keep living and find some other way to be happy.. Because some people, Have never felt the warmth of a mother's love.. Or the love of someone who care.. and they keep living, living in fear.. living in emptiness. " I quietly told him as I finally started to walk away..

He grabbed onto the sleeve of my Kimono.. " Thank you.. for saving the plum tree. ..." He looked up at me from the floor.. " My names Mizuki.. I am in your dept. May I know your name?" He asked as I thought for a moment. " Umio.. Daughter of Inami of the dragons and Human man Yasuo Matsusoba." He smiled and I saw the innocence in his heart. His emotions completely showing through his eyes.. " You have a pretty name.. Umio.." He whispered as I stared at him.  

He smiled.. " I hope we meet again  Umio.."

" I Hope we don't" I whispered as I walked away.