Chapter 37: I love you, Peeta

Peeta's POV

I keep trying to get Katniss to move her hand so I have some hope for her to wake up. I know that Dr. Shepard and Dr. Grey are very good doctors and I trust ten I just need to see if for myself. I need to see her beautiful grey eyes open. I need her to look right into my eyes. I need to tell her how much I love her. Our life isn't over. It's just beginning and it's going to be a long ride.

"I love you" I whisper in Katniss' ear and walk out to get something to eat.

Katniss' POV

"I love you" Peeta says to me

Oh how much I want to tell him that I love him back. I try and try again but I just can't wake up. I know that I'm not in a coma but I heard the Dr say that I need to sleep to get some of my energy back. But I don't want to wait! I want to see Peeta so bad! Tell him that I love him back! I already lost Prim! I can't loose Peeta because he is tired for waiting for me! But we have been though everything together so we can get through this!

When Peeta gets up and gets something to eat, he lets go of my cold hands. I have to wake up and see his beautiful ocean blue eyes that give me life. I just have to.

I am going to count to three and try to wake up. It has to work

1...2...3...

Nothing

I keep trying until this works. I hear someone come in my hospital room and I'm desperately hoping that it is Peeta so he is the first one I see when I wake up. I feel them pick up my hand and I feel his soft hands. It's Peeta. I try my hardest to wake up this time.
1...2...3 WAKE UP

I did it!! I open my eyes and say

"I love you too, Peeta."