Chapter 4: First Date

Katniss' POV

Im laying in my bed thinking about how Peeta asked me to be his girlfriend. I am so lucky to have him. Speaking of Peeta, I look down at my phone and realize I have a text from him. I pick up my phone and start to read it

Peeta💗😏- Hey Kat! I was wondering if you would like to go out on a date tonight since its Friday?

Kat🐱- Sure! Where are we going? Should I dress fancy or casual?

Peeta💗😏- I will pick you up at 7. Wear something fancy and it's a surprise😏

Kat🐱- Okay! See you later💖

I can't wait for my date tonight!! I call Annie because I have gotten really close with her throughout the last couple days. I ask her to come over and help me get ready for my special night with Peeta. We have an hour and she curls my hair, puts makeup on, and picks out my outfit. I'm so nervous!!

By the time Annie is done beautifying me, Peeta texts me and says that he is outside waiting. I walk outside with my sunset orange strapless dress that lays right above my knees. He just stares with his mouth open and says how beautiful I am. I just blush and look at the ground until he tilts my chin up and says

"We should get going."

I agree and get in the car and he starts driving to this secret destination.

Peeta's POV

She is so beautiful! Her dress is my favorite color and she looks absolutely stunning in it. I just want to stare at her forever. Eventually, I tell her we should go and she doesn't object. We get in the car and we make small tank until we get there. I set up a picnic at the meadow that I always visit to clearly head. I put up lights on the trees and made all of Kat's favorite foods. I hope she likes it.

When we are done eating, we lay down and look up at the sunset. I look into her beautiful eyes, and we both lean in for a kiss.

Our lips crash together and move in sync perfectly. I immediately feel electricity fill my body. This is when I know that Katniss Everdeen it the one.
The one I will love...

Forever