Seeing that Adrien wasn't responding at all, she quickly removed her hand from Adrien's and reached out for the brown paper bag of croissants from the table. She chuckled nervously as she made exaggerated hand movements, saying, "U-Uh I you-- croissant I-- I mean, I brought you some croissants from the bakery! I had a feeling that you were going to wake up and since I kn-knew you loved croissants--"

"Thanks, Mari. You're the best!" he told her. Marinette's blush grew even more and her stammering worsened. Her heart pounded against her rib cage as if it wanted to escape and proclaim her love for the teen.

"M-Mari?" she managed to squeak.

Adrien chuckled and tilted his head, "Why? Don't you like the nickname? I think it suits you." Marinette furiously shook her head and waved her arms in denial and her mouth quivered, "N-N-No! I-I-I it's--I thits-- I mean, I think it's cute! Y-Y-Yeah! C-C-C-Cute!"

His emerald eyes trailed off to the stacked gifts, cards, and flowers on the nearby table. Marinette froze and followed his gaze to the table, and a gentle smile was immediately on her face. "D-Did they...?" trailed off Adrien.

"Alya, Nino, and I would often visit and come to check on you. They'd usually ask us to hand the letters and packages to you once you wake up. Say..." she trailed off as she turned her head to him. "Would you like to read the letters they wrote for you while eating the croissants? I bet you're eager to read them."

Adrien's face beamed and a wide grin was plastered on his face. He absolutely loved the idea. "Sure, I would love to!"

"Alrighty," said Marinette as she made her way over to the table. "Which one?" she pondered to herself.

Marinette adjusted Adrien's bed so that he sitting up a bit, and she pulled the chair over beside him since she didn't want him to scooch over and hurt himself. They ended up picking Chloe's first which came with an adorable black cat stuffed toy which Adrien hugged the whole time they were going over with the letters and eating the pastry. The letter simply expressed how bad she misses her 'Adrikins' and how she could not work on a project with him any longer, which made the teen scoff. Next was Nino's in which he expressed his worry and relief that he was safe. He also indicated how idiotic he was and how he should have not agreed with the plan. This caused Marinette to raise a brow at him, demanding an answer.

Adrien scratched the back of his neck as he nervously averted his eyes, "It's a long story..." Marinette, still unconvinced, hummed as a response and went back to reading and eating.

The next several letters were all the same, they expressed how they missed him and that they hope he gets well soon. Nathaniel's was different though, he repeatedly expressed how sorry he was for hurting him so bad. Then, there was the last one: a neat white envelope secured with a pink and black dotted sticker. Marinette sucked in her breath and her heart pounded against her chest. "Maybe we shouldn't read this. We can save it for later, if you'd like? she suggested.

Adrien shook his head and pleadingly stared at Marinette, saying, "No, I would like to read it now. Please, Mari?"

"B-B-But--" he cut her off and quickly reached for the envelope in her hands and opened it. Just by the design, he knew it was from the shy aspiring fashion designer. Marinette sighed in defeat as she helplessly watched him delicately unfold the paper and read it.

"Dear Adrien," he read aloud, which made Marinette cover her face and brace herself for the embarrassing letter she wrote for him. "Hi there! How have you been? Everyone has been worried about you ever since we heard about what happened. We were all scared that we might lose you. But, hey! You're here breathing and alive, right? I mean, you're healthy and hot--I mean awesome! Yeah!