Chapter 12

With a sigh, Louis fell onto his back after he finally finished fitting the last book into its proper spot within the shelf.

It felt like it all took forever to do, though he supposed it was partially due to the fact that he kept procrastinating after putting one book up in favor of playing with Dusty for a good five minutes or so. The kitten sat on his lap, her attention primarily occupied with messing with the red band that was tied around his wrist.

Admittedly, a major reason why he had taken so long to get all the books up was because he actually had been hopeful that Harry would return soon enough for the two of them to put the books up together. It had been a fleeting hope and ultimately one that wasn't fulfilled.

His confession still had him feeling so light-hearted. It was almost surreal how he and Harry were both together now.

No matter how many times the notion ran by his mind the smile that crept its way to his face was undeniable.

It wasn't as though much could possibly change between them now. Everything was going so well.

He didn't have to focus on the German Princess for the time being because just thinking about it made his stomach churn and there was still plenty of time until they made it to the Caribbean. Not to mention both he and Harry were on positive terms indefinitely now due to his confession.

His stay on the ship would be nothing but smooth sailing.

As the prince stared up absentmindedly at the ceiling of the cabin, he could feel Dusty scampering to get better balance now on his chest and he had to wince as he felt some of her claws seep through his shirt and scratch at his skin.

When he rose his upper body up slightly in order to get her off, it was almost as though she could sense what he intended to do and the small kitten immediately moved to clumsily get off him. She rolled on the floor for a bit before she began running over to her usual hiding spot beneath Harry's desk.

Louis considered running over to get her just for the sake of playing with her, but he went against it as his eyes instead trailed over to the door.

He highly doubted Harry had told anyone about what their moment, so in the end it'd probably be him telling the others about it.

It was a bit embarrassing; he wasn't sure how he was supposed to go about it.

Was he just supposed to walk up to them and say what happened? Or would they all just figure it out on their own?

Deciding with the later rather than the former, the brunet got up to his feet and adjusted his clothes unconsciously with his gaze trailing back over to Harry's desk.

Even from his position so many feet away he could see it was still cluttered with a bunch of paperwork.

To even himself, he wasn't sure why his steps were luring him closer to the absent captain's wooden desk.

Outside, he could distantly hear some crew members shouting and orders being tossed around though he kept himself plainly fixed upon the few papers ahead. His hand moved out to touch one of the documents that looked to be a letter and right as he did so, Louis's gaze landed Harry's journal that was practically showing out front and center.

His snooping from before had only been meant to be a onetime thing.

However, his curiosity was threatening to get the best of him.

With a cautious look aimed the door's way he slowly allowed himself to take a seat in the chair.

Moving one of his hands downward, he took off both of his boots before he brought up his feet to rest at the edge of the chair's hardened surface.