Chapter 7

Louis hated more than anything to feel helpless.

To be stuck and stranded in a situation that he couldn't help or do anything about it.

It gave him stomach pains because he liked to be the one in control, but it seemed as though ever since he got onto the ship he found himself in helpless situations way more often than he'd liked. Of course, through the course of it all it all gradually lessened and lessened.

He thought that now that he was back onboard as more of an equal to Harry, the imbalance in their relationship would be gone.

Though he supposed that was that a bit naïve.

Harry was the captain and he was the crew member.

It was only logical that there were some things that he'd be left in the dark about.

Even so, he didn't like it and if he didn't like something there wasn't any way in Hell that he'd be quiet about and take it.

One of his hands rose up to absently pull up Harry's hat from resting over his eyes as it periodically found its way slipping downward to take over his vision.

He didn't know how much time had passed, but it was pretty obvious Harry wasn't going to be coming back in the room.

It didn't take that much time to break up a fight, especially considering he was personally there, he doubted it took much longer than five minutes for everything to get resolved and the prince was pretty well sure that he'd been stuck in the study sitting for about a good two hours or so.

For some reason, he didn't feel like putting up much of a chase for him so he just decided on going through Harry's books once more purely out of boredom.

Louis found that a majority of his subconscious actions revolved around the item that rested on his head.

He couldn't get through reading about half a page without grazing his fingers over the tough textured hat and he'd already dropped it from his head to rest on his lap about two times already.

The books Harry had were all so mind numbingly boring that Louis wasn't exactly sure what to make of it.

Just to make sure he knew what he was taking in he had to go over it twice before moving on and by the time he made it to the next page he'd already forgotten what he read in the page previous so he found himself in a constant pace of going back and forth.

All the while he did that, his free hand never left the hat as pathetic as it sounded.

When he found himself growing tired of the cycle of not truly even reading the book he allowed himself to close it with a heavy exhale before he moved his attention toward the door.

He wasn't ready to leave and go on a man hunt for Harry yet.

It was only a matter of time before they'd be forced into the same room together again and he got his answers anyways.

Louis tried to force back the tiny thought in his mind that attempted to justify his lack of motivation because he wanted to wear Harry's hat longer.

The thought was shameful and just knowing that he actually wanted that no matter how little, it disturbed him slightly.

His eyes moved back to the top of Harry's desk where he looked down at the book he'd been going through. The top was all worn and looked so old that he couldn't help but click his tongue at the thought of Harry actually sitting down and enjoying it of his own free accord.

He glanced around as if to find another book that could possibly catch his eye, but all of them looked just about the same appearance wise.

Sighing, Louis moved to open the drawer in the desk in an attempt to see if there were any others.