Chapter 17

"They need to be punished.They almost killed the queen," Ian says screaming at the council.

"You mean your wife", a council member yells back at him.

"Your queen and my wife."

"You are being to emotional. When you calm down then we can talk about punishment.", another council member say in a calming voice.

Ian had called the Solar Council in session to discuss the matter of my beating. Ian and I sit in our thrones. Both thrones are gold with a sun symbol above them. I didn't feel any pain anymore, thanks to Bloom and her fairy magic.

"I'm not being emotional. I'm trying to bring justice. They will think this is okay and will continue this." Ian is just getting angrier by the second. I put a hand on his arm like my mother did to my father. He looks at me and his face softens. I turn to the Council. "We will continue this later. Let us discuss Aidan."

"There's nothing to talk about. He's locked up for the rest of his life," a younger but, still old, member says. "That may be true but, he has supporters in this castle. We need to figure out how to earn everyone's trust and loyalty."

"We can have anyone who needs help visit the palace for assistance this afternoon", a member suggests.

"Okay. Set it up and spread the word", Ian orders them. As soon as they leave, Ian grabs my hand and sighs. "What are you thinking?", I ask him. He smiles. "About how are we going to earn their trust? The Council doesn't seem too loyal to us yet either."

"We do what they suggest and try not to get angry with them."

"Only our second day of marriage and your already sounding like the reasonable one in this relationship." I squeeze his hand. "Wanna go on a walk?"

"I would but, my parents want to see me", I tell him. He nods and I get up. I meet my parents in the library. This library is not as big as the Fairy Kingdom's but, it will do for me for now. My parents sit in chairs in the back of the room next to the fireplace. My father has a long box on his lap.

"Hello, Luna", my mother greets me. My father simply hands me the box. I open it ad on the inside is our family's scepter. Our family scepter is white and is almost as tall as I am. It has a red ruby on top. There are designs that look like stars surrounding the entire scepter. "This is yours now", my father says. He has no emotion in his voice. "I have taught you everything I know. It is job to carry on the Nightshade name. You may have a different name but, you are still my daughter." He stands to hug me tight. He actually cares. I have never seen him this emotional. "You sound like you aren't living in the palace with me."

They look at each other. "Your father and I want to travel. As king and queen, we couldn't do that."

"So you are leaving?" They nod. I might have done the same thing if I was them. "I wish you two luck then." I hug both of them and try not to cry. I look into m father's eyes. Those same gold eyes that make me his daughter. They,for the first time are red and puffy. My father is about to cry.

I guess there is a first time for everything. I walk out of the library to get ready to talk to the people.