ten

Welcome
+
t e n ;

Our eyes scanned the many, many buildings lining the streets, reading the signs or labels that were pasted on the buildings that we were passing as we walked by. Surprisingly, everything was in English, which was a gigantic relief. I don't know what I would have done if there was some unknown language wherever the hell we were, and I didn't know it. It scared me, truthfully. But thankfully, that wasn't the case.

"City hall?" Harry's words brought me out of the quiet, my head turning to meet his eyes as he stepped forward, and surely, there it was. A building with "City Hall" written on the front in big, bold lettering. It looked very large, which intimidated me immediately, but thankfully, Harry's hand grasped mine, pulling me with him. Giving me some sort of relief in the overwhelming butterflies going crazy in my stomach right now.

Harry's hand was cold, freezing almost. His fingers tickled the palm of my hand with the calluses on his fingertips.

"Ready?" Harry's husky voice cut through the air, bringing my gaze up from our clasped hands, a smile already painted on my lips as I looked up. One hinting at his also, I think.

"I think. I'm scared in all honesty," I admitted, shrugging as I took a big breath. My chest rising an falling in irregular breaths.

"Me too," Harry chuckled, finally walking forward and pulling me along with him. I'm glad he took the first move, otherwise we would have stood there for eternity, just staring at the exquisite building only across the street from us.

Our feet approached the building, no one seeming to be around at the second, making me feel rather uneasy. Harry and I climbed the steps together, approaching the doors as if they were a deer in headlights.

Harry's hand soon reached up, grasping the handle on the door before blinking once, opening it with a twist of his hand.

The door opened with a creak, letting us into the City Hall. Our bodies side by side as we walked through, our bodies shaking of anxiousness as at least fifty bodies came into view. Their faces all different but holding some similarities. All in formal clothes and talking to another person in the room. Some were seated, some were not. But the majority of them looked laid back, relaxed, making my nerves ease up a little to let my lungs breathe again.

"Woah," Harry's surprised sound came first as we shut the door behind us, our hands holding each other's still as we walked farther into the room. Trying to find the leader of this place. Mayor, maybe?

"Hello."

Harry and I's heads whipped around at the sound of a women's voice. Soft and delicate like a flower. Or maybe she was faking the softness for whatever event was being held here. That would be understandable, if only I knew what the event even was.

"Hey," I answered sheepishly, smiling softly, rubbing the back of my head, slightly picking at the short hair there.

   "How can I help you two?" The women's voice came out like silk. She looked exotic, her cheekbones sharp and a distinct, deep blush applied there, only making them look even more prominent. Her deep blue eyes were like a sea of waves, and mine couldn't help but to almost drown in them.

"Can we speak to the...leader of this place?" Harry's voice was nearly too quiet to hear over the bustling voices and footsteps enraging the room with noise, but the women heard, smiling softly and taking her bottom lip in between her teeth and smiling brightly.

"Oh, my husband, dear?" The women asked. Her eyes lit up at the mention of her husband, a look of adoration held there for him deep down in the waves of azure.