Adrienette #1 (+ Nathaniel)

Start from the beginning

My brows were furrowed in concern for my best friend, but Alya was perfectly fine.

She acted as if he got office referrals on a regular basis as she calmly stood up from her chair and walked past the teacher to grab the pink slips from the woman's outstretched hand and leave the classroom.

Meanwhile, I was panicking. 

Who was going to be beside me to catch me when I tripped over my own feet, now? Or snap me out of my daydreams of Adrien? Or tell me what people are saying about Ladybug?

Without Alya, I'm just a lonely clumsy girl that-

"C-can I sit here?"

I looked up to see an unconfident Nathaniel watching my reaction hopefully.

I felt my cheeks grow a bit warm, but not as much as they do at the thought of Adrien.

"Um, sure."

Suddenly I heard the sound of packets of paper slamming onto each desk.

"This packet is due the day after tomorrow. Since you prefer not to listen to me today, you will be using this to prepare for the upcoming EOC. If you all can behave well for this class period you may continue to work in groups of three, but these group will be assigned to each of you by me."

She glanced up at the desk that Nathaniel and I were sitting at and pursed her lips in deep thought.

"In fact," she continued, " our first group will be Adrien, Marinette, and Nathaniel. You three, go sit in the back and begin working on your packets."

Now my face really got hot.

"Oh! Uh-yes ma'am," I replied as I got up from my chair and found a couple of empty seats in the back.

Nathan followed, but just as Adrien was getting up, Chloe grabbed his arm and turned to our teacher.

"Of course," I thought, "everyone's fine with groups except Chloe."

"Excuse me, Mrs. Jenson," Chloe purred, "but my daddy says I have to do my best at school and I think I work best with Sabrina and Adrikins, here."

At first, I mentally growled at the thought of Adrien being in a group with that  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . gah! But then I thought of what Alya would do in this situation and I subconsciously smiled as the image of her fake-gagging appeared in my head.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Jenson's eyes narrowed at Chloe.

"Miss Bourgeois, I hold the highest respect for your father and what he has done for Paris, but he is not the only one in this city who has authority in their occupation."

She paused and softened her gaze before gesturing to all of the students.

"In this classroom, it is my duty to be the teacher and yours to be the students. Therefore, in this classroom, I have the highest authority. Not you, Miss Bourgeois, or anyone else. Now, I say that you may have one of your friends in your group."

Chloe smiled smugly.

"So, the second group will have Chloe, Nino, and Sabrina."

Chloe gasped in melodramatic horror.

"What?! Bu-but, Mrs. Jens-"

"No buts, you will sit with the group you are assigned, MissBourgeois,and that is final."

Chloe was about to protest, but Mrs. Jenson had already moved on.

"Got what she deserved," I thought to myself angrily.