Chapter Sixteen

3 days later..

Adam's POV:

Back to school today, that should be fun. My mum pulled up outside the school gates and I saw Tommy waiting for me. "Hey babe" he called wrapping his arms around my shoulders and kissing me. I wasn't aware that Anya and her group were watching, I walked past and heard the word faggot get whispered. Oh great, now she was going to start on me and Tommy. I looked round at her flashing her a dirty look, "so what if I am, its got nothing to do with you" I said walking past her. I guessed this was the start of a whole new game for her, homophobic bitch. If she knew the whole school would know pretty soon, I didn't care. I sat in English bored out of my mind thinking of Lily. I heard my name being whispered as I heard the words gay, faggot and homo. I ignored them I leant my arms on the desk and pretended I was listening.

I felt something hit my head as I pulled a wad of paper from my hair. Seriously? This lot are idiots I thought to myself. I threw it onto the floor and carried on with my work. The bell rang for end of class as something hit my head again, it was stuck in my hair great fucking gum. I walked into the toilets and pulled as much as I could out, Tommy walk in the door he had gum stuck in his fringe. "So they threw it at you too then?" I asked him, "Yep fucking twats" he replied pulling out some scissors from his bag. "Borrowed them from my art class" he said cutting the gum out of his hair, "Here turn round" he said. I turned round as he cut the rest of the gum from my hair, "Thanks Tommy, seriously though these people are homophobic twats" I said sighing.

"Yeah I know right, I keep hearing them whispering shit. Like faggot, homo, gay boy and poof" he told me. I knew exactly what he meant because I was getting the same. As we walked out I heard faggot yelled up the corridor, all the guys put their butts to the wall. I looked round at Tommy and rolled my eyes. We got it all day by the time the bell rang we couldn't get out quick enough. "Going to shag each other are you" a voice said, I spun round it was Anya. "No actually we are going to see Lily, you know the girl you almost killed" I said bitchily that shut her up.

Two weeks later..

Tommy's POV:

Lily is getting out today, I bet she cant wait. She is on loads of painkillers and crutches for her broken leg, me and Adam are on our way to meet her and her mum now. School is the biggest load of shite ever right now, those girls have started on me and Adam now. All because we are gay, what a joke right? Its really starting to get to me now, and Adam too I don't know how Lily put up with it for so long. We hopped off the bus and walked hand in hand into the hospital and towards Lily's room. Her mum was already there packing her things up, "Hey boys" she called as we walked in. "Hey Ashley, hey Lily bet you're glad to be getting out of here" I said. She smiled "damn right, I hate this stuffy place" she replied. I picked up her packed bag as Adam grabbed her crutches. She slid off the bed, I could tell she was still in pain as her mum slipped on her flats. "Are you ok with using them, with your arm" her mum asked. "Yeah mum chillax im cool" she replied making her way towards the door.

Me and Adam followed her and her mum to the car. "Coming boys?" she asked gesturing towards the car. "Yeah sure if you don't mind that is" Adam said. "Nah sure thing jump in" she said smiling, as we pulled into Lily's drive her next door neighbour leaned over the fence. "Ahh young Lily, how are you feeling?" he asked, "Hey Mr Davies, yeah im cool. Still a bit sore but hey its good to be home" she replied smiling at him. Her mum stopped to have a chat as we followed Lily inside, she sat down in the front room as I hovered in the doorway. "You can come in you know, I wont bite" she laughed. I smiled and sat down in the chair. "So how's school guys?" she asked us, "Meh, don't even go there" Adam said, Lily's eyes widened "what's going on?" she asked. "Those girls, they are starting on me and Adam now. We keep getting words yelled at us" I told her. "Do they never freaking learn jeez" she said.

We stayed until late chatting away to her, she yawned as I looked at my watch 9pm. I stood up "We had better go" I said to her. "Yeah sure thing, come and visit again soon" she replied going to get up. "Don't get up Lily we can see ourselves out" Adam said. "Ok then but remember if those twats upset you text me" She told Adam. "Yeah, yeah I will" he replied, "Promise me Adam" she said sternly. "Yeah I promise" he replied hugging her gently. "Bye Lily" I said standing up, "Come here you" she said hugging me. I blushed "er thanks" I smiled. "Bye guys" she called as we shut the front door..