Chapter 15

Arabella’s POV

I opened my eyes slowly, seeing a stressed looking Toby next to me, “Bells thank god your awake” I smiled up to him, only now noticing I was in a his bed and the sky outside was darker, I must have been out for a while.

I moved to sit up but winced at the pain, Toby looked down to me with pained eyes, I could see the wheels turning in his head and I quickly stopped him. “Don’t even think about blaming yourself for this Toby” he shook his head about to say something but again I cut him off.

“Just stop, if you are going to apologize… it’s not your fault she went all phyco and you weren’t there…the important thing was that you saved me in the end and the same thing goes for my father I know your still beating yourself up over it…I can feel it through the link but it is not your fault and I want you to know that and I want you to stop beating yourself up”

He looked down at his hands in shame, “Look at me” I demanded in his head, slowly he looked up and into my eyes, “Please baby, I can see its hurting you and I hate it, it’s not YOUR fault” he pushed a stray piece of hair that had fallen out behind my ear, he slowly leaned in and gave me a light kiss, I linked my arms behind his neck and pulled him down on top of me, making it more passionate.

“Babe…we have….to stop” he said to me between kisses, I pouted and looked at him with puppy dog eyes “Don’t give me that look, we need to get ready for the trial” I stiffened underneath him and nodded he stood up and pulled me up after him.

I made my way into the bathroom to see how I looked, my neck was almost healed but was still sore, my hair was a mess and I had dirt all over my back. I jumped in the shower quickly washing my body until I was clean. When I got out I wrapped a towel around my body, I ran my fingers through my curls and applied a light layer of makeup, with emphasis on my eyes using greys and blacks. I heard a light knock on the main door and some small talk from the other side, “Bells I have your dress” Toby told me I opened the door a crack and he slid it through to me.

I admired the dress for a moment before pulling it on, it sat perfectly on my body, the base was a skin tight white dress that sat mid-thigh, this was then covered in black lace flower which changed the whole mood of the dress, the last aspect was a light black train that fell just above my ankles. (PIC ON SIDE)

I admired myself in the mirror this dress was absolutely amazing, I walked out of the ensuite and into the main room to see Toby in his formal suit. “You look absolutely stunning my love” I walked over to him and gave him a light peck, “ready to go?” I asked him, a quick nod and I grabbed the black stilettos that were by the bottom of the bed and slid them on.

With our arms linked we made our way through the house and outside to the meeting area, the whole pack wore black, everyone had different variations, with splashes of colour, showings of skin, different cuts of dress, embellishments. Each person had a unique design but all had one thing in common, Black. The black that my father bought with him, the black that surrounded me like dark clouds.

I followed Toby towards a set of throne like chairs, we sat down next to each other and I linked my hand through his while he brought our fingers to his lips and kissed each knuckle delicately. The Alpha moved into the centre of the space and raised his hands signalling for silence.

The whole crowd grew completely silent as the last people took their seats, “We gather here today for a sad occasion” he paused even though my father and I had only been in the pack a day and a half, the whole pack felt betrayed from the trust my father broke.

“Bring out the prisoner” he signalled over to the entrance and two enforcers pulled my father beside them and into the centre and chained him onto the rock with silver chains, the only metal that was strong enough to hold wolves.

“Peter Raulf, you will now be read the charges against you” my father’s face changed and started grinning up at the Alpha. “You are charged with abuse to your mate, involuntary manslaughter of your mate and wife, abuse of your daughter, using the banned substance of Wolfsbane on your child and breaking your pack vows and laws” gasps where heard throughout the crowd, mother clutched their children to their chests.

“What do you plead?” the Alpha asked, my father’s laugh rung out in the meeting area, I tightened my hold on Toby’s hand and closed my eyes breathing deeply. ‘Please don’t say what I think he will say’ I thought to myself and my wolf. ‘What is he going to sa...’ she was cut off by my father saying the worst five words I could think of “What proof do you have?”

The alpha looked over to me sadness in his eyes, my own eyes started to water but I blinked them back, I stood up, Toby coming with me into the centre. “I can provide proof” I spoke to the crowd, I pulled of the back train of the dress, revealing my back that was covered in scars. More gasps went through the crowd, “My friends, I will convey the memory of these scars to the adults I do not want the children to be scared by these thoughts”.

The Alpha moved over to my back and reached his hand out to touch the scars - wolves had the ability to see memories from other people by their scars or by holding hands. I was pulled into my memory of the other night when he used the Wolfsbane, I heard screams and crying from around the field, each moment that passed seemed like another scream went up.

The people in the crowd could only feel a small amount of my pain, but I didn’t want them to even feel one per cent of it. I stepped away from the Alpha, breaking the connection instantly, tears where in almost everyone’s eyes, including mine. The Alpha nodded and I walked back to the seats.

 My father looked shocked but stayed silent and looked down to the floor with a frown on his face. “What do you plead?” the alpha asked again, “Not Guilty…” his low whisper filled the clearing, low growls echoed within the meeting space.

“We have provided proof to both you and the whole pack…we shall let the pack decide, those who find him guilty say I” and resounding noise of I’s resounded from the crowds. “The I’s have spoken, you Peter Raulf are convicted of harming both your mate and child, using illegal substances and breaking pack laws…Your punishment is…….”

A/N

CLIFFHANGER…I'm so mean aren’t I, SORRY… anywhooo yay he is going to get convicted, yay Arabella and Toby are staying together, so my friends please keep commenting and voting and please fan me as I love to hear your opinions and seeing if I'm on the right track. AND I LOVE YOU ALL TO DEATH I’VE GOT OVER 2,000 READS AND 105 VOTES AND I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!