Chapter 10

Toby’s POV

I could tell she was holding something back, when I went into her house and I smelt the blood I was about to kill someone I knew she was lying to me but I let it pass, she would tell me in her own time, I couldn’t work out exactly what had happened but I would find out.

But when her father came out I saw her visibly stiffen, whenever I was near him I felt a little unsafe but I thought it was just as he wasn’t pack, but now that I saw how Arabella reacted to just his presence I thought it might be a little more than the lack of pack bonds.

The ride in the truck with Bells was great we talked about everything and I could feel the bond growing stronger, it was such a relief from last night when I was imagining I was talking to her but I couldn’t feel her there with me. When we arrived on the pack lands I saw the guys running beside the truck in wolf form, as I parked the truck in Bells new driveway, the guys came out from the surrounding woods wearing basketball shorts.

I opened up the door and jumped down onto the ground, I heard Bells open up her door and slide out, I started walking around to the back of the truck I slid open the door just as she arrived, the guys where quick to grab different boxes and furniture. We unpacked the truck within about an hour, and her father arrived just after we finished.  

“Bell, do you wanna come hang out with us, we’re going swimming please”  I saw her smile I could tell the effect her nickname had on her, nodding she told her father and went upstairs changing quickly and came back down in her swimmers, jean shorts, loose singlet along with sunnies on her head and a towel over her shoulder. She looked absolutely irresistible her golden hair fell in light waves around her face, her gorgeous eyes glinted in the summer sun she was perfect she looked like the Moon Goddess herself.

As she got over to us I slung my arm around her shoulders and lead her to the pack house and around to the pool, the guys all quickly jumped in I pulled her towel off her shoulder and sunnies off her head picking her up and throwing her over my shoulder I ran at the pool and jumped in, I heard her laugh screaming as I did. Once I was fully submerged I let her off my shoulder and swam to the top. She quickly followed and came up coughing, I swam over and pulled her above the water a bit, she smirked down at me and pushed my head underwater.

I came up quickly to see her smiling and laughing at me, her light perfect laugh filled my ears I wanted to hear that all day, the  guys stood behind her cracking up laughing at the scene. The rest of the afternoon we just swam and hung out around the pool, it got to around 6 o’clock and Bells needed to go home, I walked her back slowly I didn’t want to leave her. As we go to her door I looked deep into her eyes “Bells, I know your holding out on me, I don’t mind when you tell me, but always know I am here for you” I spoke into her mind, she looked at me through her eyelashes and I saw her eyes glint with soon to fall tears.

She broke eye-contact first and looked down to her feet, “I will, I promise” she whispered in my mind, she pushed open the door and walked inside. I made my way back home and went straight to my father’s office to talk to him, “Enter” he called out, I opened the door and walked in, my father looked up from his desk piled with papers with a surprised look on his face. “Son what are you doing here?” I closed the door and locked it behind me, “It’s my mate” instantly he dropped his papers and took off his glasses, “What is it son?” I moved over to the chair opposite the desk. “Well first, she is wolf, she and her father are the pair who just joined our pack” he nodded, urging me to continue my story.

“I have a bad feeling about the father” a slow nod from my father “I know what your saying, I don’t feel completely safe around him either” the room fell into a silence “I don’t think she is safe with him” I said softly.

The silence that followed was tense, neither of us knew what to do, we couldn’t take her away from her father based on a feeling, ideas ran through my head of what could be happening, he might be a drunk, druggy, he could hate her, deprive her, abuse her…. I hated the uncertainty, I couldn’t deal with it.

“Don’t jump to conclusions Son, you would know if he were hurting her you would feel it through the bond” thinking back to our pack lessons it was true what my father was saying, I would feel any pain she went through it would be a tenth of the amount but I would still feel it.

Standing up I started to pace all the possible scenarios flashing in my mind like a movie,  I saw her father drinking, throwing bottles, taking drugs, cursing at her, starving her, hitting her. I saw red my wolf was clawing at my human body trying to get out, images flashed in my head and I let out a low growl.

I met my fathers eyes, shock changed his features, I guessed that my eyes where black by this stage my wolf was almost in control, he pushed himself off his chair and walked over to a bookshelf his eyes never leaving mine. Reaching out his hand he pulled down a book, the whole wall moved to reveal a secret door “Son… I know you want to protect her but if you shift now and go over there with no proof of anything you will subject yourself and this pack to a myriad of problems, please go into the room” He said calmly into my head, he let a little Alpha tone seep in through his words telling me he meant business.

I walked over and through the door, I was met by a plain padded room that looked more like a cell, as soon as I had entered the door was slammed shut behind me. My wolf Leo hated being caged like this especially when his mate could be in trouble. He ripped out of my body and started biting and clawing at the walls and door trying to get out. Eventually I fell asleep in wolf form within the now tattered room.

A/N

Yay he is getting the idea woo hoo, I know that its not that good but hope you all like it. Anyway

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xx SophieBoffie