Sam Wilson- Color

(This is all because of The_Last_Avenger blame her. Also you can still enter the contest, the deadline to complete + enter the story is May  6th.)

Your world has considered of different shades of black, white, and grey. But one day, hopefully soon, you'll meet your soulmate and you'll get to experience all of the colors with that person.

And you do. Years later at a coffee shop. You had been reading silently in the corner when the edges of the book start to bloom with a color you've never seen.

Your heart had stuttered as your book dropped to the ground, eyes wandering the shop and the streets through the window when a man pushes open the door.

When he saw you, color had rushed into your hair and cheeks, your clothes brightening and horribly mismatched, he laughs.

You whirled around, grinning widely as you leapt out your chair and barreled towards him.

You still remember the feeling of being able to see color. You had been completely overwhelmed and when you had looked down at what colors you had been wearing, you understood why Sam had laughed.

It happens when you're driving. The color in the car in front of you began bleeding out, along with the steering wheel and the seats.

You'll always remember being able to see color, and you'll always remember Sam, your soulmate, as his coffin is lowered into the grave, in different shades of black, white.