Epilogue

5 Years Later

          “Ash you killed it on the drums!” I say hugging my unbelievably sweaty boyfriend. “Thanks Love! Hey stick around backstage for the second half yeah” he says giving me a quick kiss before running off to get ready for the second half of the concert. “Mind sticking around backstage with me?” I ask Chloe. She is Luke’s girlfriend. She is the one he fell in love with in London while they were writing songs a while back. “Yeah sure thing. I’m going to go check in on Luke real quick and see if he needs anything” she says before giving me a smile and making her way over to Luke who was getting his hair fixed. “Hey Mel come here for a second!” Calum calls from the food table. “Yeah?” I ask walking over to him. “Can you please convince Mikey to make things official with Penny already? He isn’t listening to me and I’m hoping you can talk some sense into him.” Calum says to me loud enough for Michael to hear from the dressing room. “I heard that Calum” Michael says from the dressing room. Calum and I exchange looks before we die laughing. Good ole Cal. “I’ll try but I can’t make any promises” I say. “Hey Mel, I’m going to go on a coffee run real quick. Want me to pick you up anything?” Chloe asks. “Uh just my usual thanks. Oh and I’m sure Ashton wants his usual too” I reply. “Alright. Cal you want anything?” She asks Calum. “Nah I’m good. Michael and I are planning to head out after the concert together.” Calum replies. Chloe nods, waves goodbye, and heads out on her coffee run. “Hey Cal let’s go. We are about to be on!” Luke says grabbing Calum from behind the food table. Calum follows and gives me a thumbs up. There is nothing I love more than being on tour with my boys.

          “Hey so before we start the second half of our concert that I hope you have enjoyed so far, I have somebody I want you all to meet.” Ashton says to the fans. “Melody want to say hi to the fans” He says into the microphone before looking off stage at me. I roll my eyes and step onto the stage. The crowd roars at my presence and I blush at the attention. “Hey guys” I say into Luke’s microphone. “So for all of you that don’t know this is Melody and she is best friends with all the guys you see up here on stage.” Ashton says. “I am also lucky enough to have her as my girlfriend. We have been dating for over five years now. She is my everything, the love of my life and life would suck without her.” He continues. “And now I have something very important I want to ask her and I want all of you guys to be here as I ask her.” Ashton says to the crowd. I feel my belly fill up with butterflies but they instantly calm when Ashton turns to look straight at me. “Melody Anne Banks, will you marry me?” he asks on one knee as he holds out a gorgeous ring for me. I looked into his loving eyes and the past five years came flooding back to me. All the late night phone calls, the movie marathons, the tours, the fights, the kisses, and everything else filled my head. “Absolutely” I say before he engulfs me into a tight hug and spins me around the stage. “So to all the fans that I love so much I would like to introduce you to Melody Banks, my fiancé.” Ashton says into the microphone. The crowd bursts out into cheers as the boys swarm us to congratulate us. Ashton slips the engagement ring onto my finger before kissing me and walking me backstage. Ashton returned to the stage to finish the concert right as Chloe came back with our coffee. “What did I miss?” she asked casually. “Not much really. The boys went on stage, Ashton proposed, and they are about to start the second half.” I reply in a casual tone. She nods her head before she realizes exactly what I had said. “Ashton proposed!” she squealed. I nodded excitedly. We both had a mini dance party backstage. Ashton was going to be mine forever officially. I can’t think of anything that could possibly be any better. 

Author's Note: So this really is the end of the story. I hope you enjoyed it and I appreciating you sticking with the story to the end. I'm writing a Luke fan fiction called Lost Boy so I would appreciate it if you would check that out. Thanks so much!