Chapter One

Third Person P.O.V.

May 8, 1979

It was just a normal sunny afternoon when this all started. James Potter was in the study of their great mansion while his lovely wife, Lily Potter, was in bed reading a book. Lily was nine months pregnant and thought she be best resting. Bunny, Lily's main house elf, was helping Lily get comfortable when Wonky, James' main house elf, appeared in front of the bed. Lily looked up from her book and smiled.

"Hello, Wonky. How are you?"

"Wonky is fine, Mistress. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, thank you. May I ask why you are here?"

"Wonky was sent here from Master to see how Mistress was. Master also wanted to know if Mistress needed anything."

"Tell James I'm perfectly fine and I don't need anything." Wonky smiled and nodded to Lily. He nodded at Bunny before disappeared. Lily settled back down. A few minutes later, James walked in. He gave Lily a kiss on the cheek and smiled.

"Hello, love. Wonky told me you were fine but I wanted to come see for myself." Lily rolled her eyes.

"I'm fine James." Lily started getting uncomfortable. James frowned.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure."

"Mistress?" Both heads snapped to Bunny.

"Yes, Bunny?"

"Bunny thinks Mistress might have had an accident."

"What do you mean, Bunny?" Then Lily felt it. Her water broke and she was having contractions.

"James! Get the bag! Hurry!"

"What do you...oh!" He ran around grabbing everything he knew they needed. He looked over to see Lily wincing in pain. He ran over and held on to her as they appeared outside of a muggle hospital. They ran inside and a nurse got her in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James paced back and forth outside the muggle hospital room. His wife had went into labor an hour again. James stopped when he heard rushed footsteps coming his way. He looked up and saw Severus Snape.

"I came as soon as I could. How is Lily?" Severus asked, after embracing his friend. They pulled apart and James smiled.

"Fine. I hope. I mean, I keep hearing her scream and wanting to run in there. I almost did once, but a nurse stopped me. She said it was normal and that I should try and relax. I can't though, I'm to excited." Severus chuckled.

"What gender do you hope the baby is?"

"I'm hoping for a boy but a girl is great too."

"Well, I hope it's a girl. Then her uncle Severus can spoil her."

"I bet you would be a great uncle." Just then, their was loud voices coming from down the hall.

"Sirius, move! I want to see how Lily is!"

"So do I, Remus! But that doesn't mean you need to push!" James and Severus turned and saw Remus and Sirius Black.

"Sirius, Remus! My old friends! Nice to see you again!" This caused the two men to look up. They smiled at Severus and James.

"Severus! James! Nice to see you guys, too!" They each hugged each other and sat down.

"James...Potter?" A nurse came out. James stood up and looked at her.

"Yes?"

"It's safe to say your wife is perfectly fine."

"And the baby."