"I need to go to work for a minute." Annabeth decided, noticing that she'd forgotten a few items of importance. She looked at her watch and stood as she said this, not noticing Percy jump two feet in the air.

"I... I can get it!" Percy said, becoming slightly worried, "Do you really need it? Just stay home today! I think I'm sick!" He coughed into his hand for good measure. Annabeth just rolled her eyes and walked over to the door, taking her keys from their hook.

"I'll be five minutes." She said, putting her emergency phone in her belt as she reached for the door. Percy hesitated. He didn't want her to be mad, but this was for her own safety, as well as to secure his sanity. He stepped in front of the door.

"Wait, can't you just stay home for a while longer?" That would buy him some time, if Annabeth would go for it. She frowned, looking at him closely.

"What's wrong with you today?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips. Percy let out a shaky laugh, smiling at her,

"I miss you..." He didn't sound convincing, he knew that, but he was stressed. Annabeth picked up on that and reached up to hug him.

"I'm right here, I'll be back in five minutes." She reached for the door handle, which he covered with his own hand.

"No, you have to stay." Percy said, pressing his back into the wall further and looking at her. She frowned deeply, stepping back.

"Percy, move, this is getting ridiculous."

"No, it really isn't. It's important that you stay home!" Percy retorted, a burst of anger starting to form. Annabeth spread her hands.

"Why?" She asked loudly, walking forward a step. Percy faltered, knowing he couldn't tell her much.

"Because... I can't tell you, but it's important." Annabeth's eyes narrowed at him, and he felt as though he were withering into a husk from the heat of her glare.

"Are you keeping something from me, Percy?" She asked, crossing her arms. Percy swallowed, knowing that he couldn't hide guilt from her.

"Annabeth, just stay, okay?" He said. Annabeth hesitated, then shook her head.

"Not unless you tell me why it's so important." Oh, an insane god is plotting to kill you so he can slowly torture me.

"I can't..." He said faintly. This just made her angrier, and she clenched her fists so that her knuckles turned white.

"Why not?" Percy was shaking like a leaf by now, not able to look her directly in the eyes. She must have noticed how he was acting, because he barely caught a flash of hurt crossing her face.

"Annabeth, just don't go outside..." He said. There was silence, in which Annabeth stayed completely still, staring out the window. Her stubborn streak was still there, and she had the urge to just say no and storm out.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" Her voice was unfaltering and steady as she turned to look at him again. Percy didn't say a word.

"You wouldn't understand." Oops. Percy recognized his mistake the second the words were out of his mouth. Normally when Annabeth looked at him, her gaze was soft, but now it turned steely in a matter of seconds.

The Seven Ways to Say Goodbye (Percabeth Fanfiction) {Completed}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें