Chapt. 5

[A/N] Here's the next chapter sorry it took forever and that it's short but i think it sums up a bunch of things and leaves you wanting more. Please tell me what you think and always vote if you like. i'll try to upload as soon as possible.

  Hurt, angry, upset, sad and cold, all words to describe me right now but mostly I feel betrayed. I mean our plan had always been forever not until he got a girlfriend forever, and now look at us, he’s at home doing god knows what his Teah while I shiver to death outside of Rick’s house. Pathetic, our friend is pathetic.

                I lift my finger and ring the doorbell. I briefly hear a bunch of whistling and hooting then a tumble. Then I hear it the very thing I was trying to get away from, was behind this door.

                “Don’t its Miranda, she’s uhm avoiding you.” Rick grumbled.

                “Now why would she do that?” His voice was as clear as day, and it paralyzed me to my spot. Standing on the porch finger held high because I never got the chance to put it down. I tried to move but my feet were nailed to the ground. I knew what he was doing; snap--deadbolt unlocked—shake—handle unlocked---shuffle—knob turning, I booked it well I attempted, before I could get down the two stairs his hand reached out to my arm.  His fingers curled around it and yanked me inside.

                I landed against his body, it felt warm and I snuggled into it.  The cold air flew away like the birds fly south and I found myself surrounded in a warmth bliss. Everything perfect, as long as I stayed here close enough to him that I could feel his abs beneath his shirt. The storm stopped.

                “Miranda by god, shorts and a tank top really.”

                Well that vacation ended fast.

                “You’re not my mother.” I glared at him and pushed away from the chest that seemed so safe and familiar, he wasn’t lonely for long though because Teah clung to him the second I moved. I rolled my eyes at her very clearly. “You’re not even family.” I folded my arms across my chest.

                “That’s right you have no family, because guess what no one cares enough about you to keep you.” My eyes watered and I looked up at his face, cold and hard eyes and no playful smirk. In a short second the first tear came, that’s when Gavin’s emotions stepped in and he paced a little towards me. I backed up.

                “Miranda,” He said softly.

                “NO! DON’T DO THAT, YOU DON’T GET TO IGNORE ME THEN MAKE A COMMENT LIKE THAT AND THEN CARE GAVIN. I WON’T LET YOU, YOU DON’T GET TO, and IT’S NOT ALLRIGHT.”

                “Please Miranda.” I heard the plea and I wanted so much to give in, and if he wasn’t still holding Teah’s hand softly in his, I would have and I would have hugged that boy and all would be good, but that small thing. I lied it wasn’t his fault it was hers. I dug my nails into my palms and looked directly at her. Eyes stern, and I said two words before running straight into the lions main letting it make me shiver as I cried and ran away anywhere just not there, not near him.

                I didn’t need to see the shock on his face, the disappointment, I didn’t need him too know I missed him.  I didn’t want to hear him tell me I looked like crap, and give me a lecture about why its Team Edward and not Jacob, or how the movies did horrible about that, since he hated Jacob when he read the books but loves him in the movies. I didn’t want him to convince me to watch the notebook because he loves the movie but can’t help but to cry. I didn’t want him to start shouting out the lines to one less lonely girl since he knows I love that song. I didn’t want him to make me smile, to make me laugh, to make me forget, to make happiness fall on me like the rain does.  I didn’t want to miss him more then I already do.

                The knots of my hair were ripped out by my fingers. Don’t think about it. I ran, trying to keep my mind of him. I didn’t notice the sky slowly get darker, or maybe I did but I just thought about the fact nobody came to get me. I never heard my phone ring or vibrate, but I sobbed loud enough to wake up the neighbourhood. He was right no one loved me I had always relied on him to love me, to be the only person I needed but now not even he cared.

                I dropped to my knees, finally giving in to the pain that filled them, I looked up into the darkness, and the moon wasn’t even out tonight. Not the moon and not a single star, I was all alone.

                A short tingling in my back pocket cause me to take out my phone, 50 new messages, 20 missed calls, unknown number—unknown number---unknown number--- again and again.

                Another call came in I picked it up.

                “Hello.”

                “Miranda,” The female voice whimpered, dead inside me I recognized it and responded so effortlessly like a baby notices her parent’s disappearance; except in my case the reappearance.

                “Mom,” an earth quack hit my voice as I said the short three letter word. Why now, why not when I left, why does she care now.