Chapter 19

Third POV

Felix nodded curtly and shoved Aaron to Demetri, walking out. As they waited for Felix to return, Aro slowly walked towards Lydia, trying to get her to calm down. She squirmed away, allowing no one but her lover to touch her. Suddenly, something in Alec's thoughts intrigued Aro but just as he was about to question him, Felix returned with a large cloth. He spread it under the floor under Aaron and Demetri held him in place with vampire proof chains.

"Who would like to do the honors?"

Alec immediately kissed Lydia on the cheek and set her down, rushing to Aaron. He held him down and looked at Aro for permission. Aro nodded and Alec sank his teeth into Aaron's neck. He sank his fangs into Aaron's neck, sucking the black venom out of his body. Aaron's screams echoed throughout the castle. It was probably loud enough for all of Volterra to hear. It lasted for a full ten minutes before Alec pulled back and watched as the vampire collapsed on the floor, becoming nothing but ash. Alec had black venom dripping from his chin, dripping onto the cloth that he placed Aaron under. Demetri handed Alec a handkerchief and he nodded his thanks, wiping his mouth like a gentleman. After throwing the handkerchief onto Aaron's dead body, Alec turned and embraced Lydia. Aro placed a hand on Alec's shoulder while a few human servants cleaned up the mess.

"My boy..."

"Yes master?" Alec said, turning his full attention to his master.

"You and Lydia...," he prompted.

Alec's eyes widened but nodded nonetheless.

"How do you feel about her?" He asked softly so only he and Alec could hear.

Alec turned towards his lover and smiled, calming her immediately. She giggled a little and buried her head in his chest in embarrassment.

"She's my everything. I don't know what I would do without her. She's my angel, my world, my life. If she were to die...I would follow right after. I....love her." He whispered.

Aro nodded, turning towards Marcus who was smiling.

"They have the strongest bond I have ever seen. The bond of real true love. The kind that can't be separated. The kind that is worth dying for. The kind that was meant to be. There is only one name for this kind of love. The kind that binds them together stronger than iron. Unbreakable Ties."

The End