Chapter 3

Lydia's POV

At the break of dawn, seven vampires and one human arrived at the throne room. Each immortal had a set of bright, golden eyes which signaled that they were animal blood drinkers, or 'Bambi eaters' as the twins call them. The two vampire at the front were holding hands as Master Aro walked down from his throne and opened his arms like a greeting.

"Ah..my dear friends. It had been a while." He greeted.

"Indeed it has. I see that your coven is going well," said the leader.

"Yes it is, Carlisle. Your beloved mate is looking astounding as well as dear Rosalie and Emmett! I must say that Bella and Edward do look flashing together....however, I'm a little disappointed that dear Bella is still human!"

"She will be turned after graduation," explained Carlisle.

Aro nodded in understanding and faced Jane and Alec along with me.

"Dear Lydia, please show the Cullens their rooms." He smiled.

"Yes master," I said while bowing.

As I walked down the hallways, the leader, Carlisle I remember his name was, tried talking to me like we were old friends or something. Tch.

"Lydia is it? I don't believe that I have seen you before. Are you new?"

"Indeed, I just joined Master Aro's ranks."

His eyes flew over to my pendant.

"My my, a gold necklace? You must have a deadly gift if Aro is willing to put you on the same level as Jane and Alec."

I merely nodded before opening the door to their rooms for them.

"So what is your gift, little one?"

I glared at the tall muscle man in front of me. This guy was going to be an asshole. I can already feel it.

"None of your business."

He chuckled.

"Fiesty..."

I noticed a certain blond vampire glare at him.

"Emmett."

He quickly turned away.

"Talk to ya later doll. Need to explain some things with my girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes and walked back to my room. On the way, I saw Jane and Alec at the game room and decided to join them.

"Hey Lydia."

"Hey Jane. Alec."

I got a book down from the shelf and began reading. That is, until I heard a crash coming from one of our guests' room. Oh dear. Here we go again.