Chapter One

This goes out to LegathyRose thanks for the love bae! Go check out her books and youtube channel! She makes amazing edits!

It was an accident. Marinette didn't mean to do it. It was all self defense. But that didn't matter.

Marinette stared up in horror at Chat Noir. Her body was shaking violently, hands held out in front of her. The bloody broken bottle in her trembling hand fell from her slippery grasp. The glass shattered on impact as it hit the concrete.

Her gaze moved from Chat's concerned eyes down to her bloody hands. In the dim light of the lamppost nearby, a dark red glistened against the pale porcelain skin of her hands. She now had blood on her hands. Literally.

"Marinette..." The teen in the black cat suit stood a few feet away from the terrified girl. He cautiously walked towards her, his emerald eyes pouring into her bluebell ones. Her head dropped as she stared at the man a few feet away from the two.

His clawed hands tentatively grabbed her blood covered ones.

"Marinette, look at me." She slowly met his gaze, and almost shattered right then and there. "I promise you Marinette. I promise you, I will protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you. I swear, I will protect you."

And with that, Marinette broke.

~~~~~

That day, it started out as any other day. Marinette had woken up late and was currently running around in her room trying to get ready in a hurry.

"Tikki! We need to go!" Tikki dashed into the small pink purse that laid on Marinette's chaise just as the bluenette made a grab for it before running, and nearly tripping in the process, down the stairs.

"Bye mama! Bye papa!"

"Bye sweetie! Don't forget to stop by the grocery store on your way home!"

Marinette yelled back an okay to her father just before she left the bakery, running as fast as she could to her school. She would have ran past Alya if her best friend didn't grab her arm. Marinette jerked back with Alya and nearly knocked both of them down.

"I'm not late!" She cheered, throwing a fist in the air. Alya just shook her head in amusement at the silly teenager and tugged on her arm.

"You will be if we don't get to class." Marinette let out a nervous laugh and scratched the back of her neck.

"Oh yeah..." Alya shook her head again with a smile plastered on her face as she and Marinette walked to class. The two girls sat in their seats behind Adrien and Nino.

"Hey guys!" Alya and Marinette greeted simultaneously as they sat in the wooden chairs.

Nino said hey back but Adrien just stayed slumped in his seat, a clenched hand pressed against his cheek as he furrowed his eyebrows and stared at the board in front of him.

He had this feeling that something bad was going to happen and he just couldn't shake it off. It was like something was eating at the pit of his stomach, like an aching feeling. And it just kept eating away at him, and he couldn't forget it.

What could possibly happen today that could make him get this feeling?

He knew his friends were worried about him, judging by the way they were all looking at him with worried and concerned eyes. He felt bad that he was making them feel like that but how was he supposed to act with this disturbing feeling?

He gave them a smile, easing their worriedness just a little, and returned back to thinking of different possibilities that could make him feel this way.