Resisting Fate 3

Not a long chapter, I know but at least it's something :)

===================================================================

Sam's P.O.V,

I grinned as I separated from the kiss, Austin leaned his forehead against mine, breathing heavily as a light smile was placed on his lips.

"What was that for?"He questioned, I just kept smiling and lightly pecked his lips.

"For being an amazing boyfriend"I whispered, someone cleared their throats and we moved away from each other, I looked up to see Jay giving us a fake smile.

"Can we help you?"Austin asked annoyed, my lips twitched into a smile as Jay crossed his arms, Jealousy clear in his eyes. Don't mess with fire. A little voice scolded me but I threw it aside. I've never been burnt, and I don't intend to start now.

"Actually you can. Her brother"He pointed to me "Says, she can't date you, oh what a shame."He mocked pity as he his fake smile turned into a smirk. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"That's strange, Last time I checked my brother and Austin we're best friends. Isn't that right Aus?"I asked him, he grinned at me.

"That is exactly right Sammy"He kissed my hand as Jay growled lowly.

"Oh yeah, Jay. Here's my friend Lucy's number, she told me to tell you to call her"He looked at the piece of paper like it was going to bite him.

"Now, could you leave us in peace?"Austin demanded, Jay gingerly took the paper and gave me a glance that said "This-isn't-over" and an evil smirk twitched at his lips.

"Did Sam tell you anything about me"He questioned, a weird glint in his eyes making my heart stop for a second. He wouldn't.

"Only that you messed around together, why?"Austin asked, sending me a weird look. I swallowed the lump in my throat. In that second I suddenly wished Austin wasn't the jealous type, but luck hasn't been on my side since Jay came back.

"We used to kiss, well we still do if she wants to"He winked at me and my heart fell  to the ground. No. No. NO! Austin looked at me with hurt in his eyes.

"Austin, it was once! He came onto me"I defended, Jay scoffed.

"And all the other ones don't count?"He asked annoyed, Austin shook his head and stood up, taking a step away from the table.

"Austin.."I pleaded, he pursed his lips and walked away. Leaving me sitting alone at the table. Told you, you'd get burnt. The voice taunted. I took in a sharp breath and stood up as Jay looked at me, apologeticly.

"Sam I thought he should of known"He apologized, I glared at him and slapped his arm.

"If you truly liked me Jay, you would want me to be happy whether I'm with you or with Austin and If you thought that" I gestured to the table "Might of helped your chances to win me over? Then you sir, were truly wrong"I stormed past him and wiped a stray tear. I'm already crying and the school year hasn't even begun.

==============

I sighed as Chelsea hugged me tightly.

"He'll come around, he likes you too much to let you go"She assured me after I told her what happened, her mobile rang and she picked it up, not checking the caller Id.

"Hello"She asked annoyed, Her cheeks went slightly red in embarrassment and took a glance at me.

"She's not ready to speak to you Joe"She said softly. I froze in her arms and shook my head.