'Because if I hadn't, you'd still be behind bars,' Merlyn explained, leading me out of my lab into a deserted box-room opposite on the corridor so no one could hear our conversation. 'I planted that footage. Adkisson didn't kill your ex-boyfriend.'

'Then who did?' I hissed at Merlyn. 'Why did you let them convict an innocent man?'

'Adkissson needed to be dealt with,' Merlyn explained his overly-flawed methods. 'He was going to release a deadly illness on the city. And he's killed dozens before. He's far from innocent.'

'So you're a 'vigilante' now?' I asked him ironically. 'What's in it for you?'

'I just wanted to help,' Merlyn stated.

'Who really killed Marcus?' I asked softly after a moment of silence.

'I don't think you'd believe me if I told you,' Merlyn shook his head.

'Try me,' I raised my eyebrows.

'He was dressed in yellow-' Merlyn started describing the anecdote.

'The Reverse Flash,' I angrily muttered under my breath.

Of course it would be him. Marcus couldn't keep me from Oliver; he had failed his mission. And therefore Marcus was of no more use to him. I knew The Reverse Flash had threatened me, but I didn't know he would punish me to that extent.

'He... Put his hand through Marcus' chest,' Merlyn carried on, surprised himself at what he was telling me. 'I didn't think it was possible... Until now.'

'Me neither,' I breathed in astonishment. 'You better not be telling lies, Merlyn.'

---

I helped Oliver with the final touches to the house as we waited for his inappropriately-themed party to commence.

'Thank you for helping me out,' Oliver said as I placed the last bunch of balloons by the patio doors.

'It's the least I could do for you all letting me stay here,' I replied, casting my mind back to when the Queens had offered me a place in their home after Marcus had been killed.

'You always were, and always are, free to stay here,' Oliver told me. 'If you ever need some help, just ask.'

'Thank you,' I smiled, me now doing the thanking.

Silence grew between us again as I rearranged the material on the marquee that served as the bar, wanting to make everything look perfect for Oliver. This could be the last time he held a party; I at least wanted to make sure everything looked flawless. Maybe it was because of something else I hadn't realised just yet, but I really wanted to help Oliver as much as I could, whether it be helping him get out of his sentence or organising his decorations correctly.

'It looks perfect,' I heard him say as he stood beside me, resting his hand on my right shoulder.

I felt a slight flutter in my stomach. It was as if Oliver was making me feel... Nervous.

'Are you okay?' He asked me, responding to my sudden temperature change and shakiness.

'I'm fine,' I said, my voice wavering ever so slightly.