Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Christine didn't sleep that night. Instead, for part of the night she examined her new prison.

The room she was being held captive in was incredibly plain. Clearly, it was a bedroom that wasn't meant for a girl. The walls were white, the furniture was brown wood, and the bed merely held light blue sheets and nothing more. Actually, the plainness was pretty depressing.

She walked towards a dresser and looked at items Erik had placed on top of it. First, there was a journal. Well, this is nice, she thought reluctantly. It was gorgeous with a light blue cover and her name engraved in cursive on the front. There were four pens beside it. Wait a minute... Her eyes drifted from the journal to her bed sheets and back to the journal. He knew her favorite color. How in the world would he know that? I've never told him that before. Hell, I've never given him any reason to 'know' me. So what's up with this? Beside the journal, there were several bottles of fingernail polish. The colors were definitely what she would have chosen in a store. How does this man know me? She was really beginning to want an answer to that question. There were several utensils next to the nail polishes that were obviously supposed to be used for giving a manicure. Great, she thought humorlessly. He knows I like that, too.

A tired sigh left her body, but she pretended not to notice and began opening the drawers of the dresser. The first and second drawers held undergarments, which caused her cheeks to flush. What kind of pervert is he? To think that I actually let this guy give me voice lessons for a year.. The mask on his face should have been reason enough not to become his voice student! I shouldn't have pitied him for it. I should have run like hell! Shaking her head, she moved on. The third drawer held socks and the fourth held pajamas. They were cute pajamas, strangely enough. The man has taste? That question was too weird to think about, so Christine walked towards a book case on the other side of the room.

Damn it! Erik even knew the titles of her favorite books! This was becoming too much to handle. I can't forget my goal, I can't forget my goal. Christine straightened and took a deep breath while standing in the middle of the room. It was so quiet, so lonely. Stop getting caught up in how sad this whole situation is! Returning her thoughts to exploring her new environment, Christine realized that she'd seen all of the bedroom, so she walked towards the bathroom that she had earlier been sick in.

The bathroom was small and nothing spectacular, though it did hold a near lifetime supply of every kind of toiletry a girl could need. Well, that's embarrassing.. She cringed at the thought of Erik thinking of her personal needs. Oh, dear God, this is a nightmare! Ok, time to distract myself.

She left the bathroom and walked towards what looked to be a closet. Pulling open the door, she saw that it was indeed what she'd expected. It, like the bathroom, was small, but, unlike the bathroom, its contents attracted her interest. The closet was filled with clothes! They were name-brand, stylish, expensive clothes, too. Surveying each shirt, Christine found that they were all her size. The blue jeans and pants were her size, as well. There were about twenty-five pairs of shoes on the floor. They, too, were all her size.

That's it! Christine was sick of this. She was sick of it all. Erik is the creepiest most psychotic person I have ever known! Not that I even 'know' him, but if this is any indication, then he's the kind of person I never want to have anything to do with! But... I don't have a choice. I have to have something to do with him because he refuses to take me home.

Crossing her arms in a sulky kind of way, she walked over to the bed and sat on the edge of it. This sucks... This really sucks.. Christine had always considered herself mature for her age, but at that moment, she definitely didn't feel it. If anything, she felt like a little kid stuck in time-out.