Red and/or Blue

(Hello friends, happy weekend to you. I had nothing to do today. Like, literally nothing at all, but I still managed to put off writing this until 8:09 PM, but at least I didn't wait six days, ha. I love you guys, thanks for voting and reading in general, and putting up with my very inconsistent updating. We have like 3.4k reads, which still blows my mind, like, a lot. Anyway, I'm not gonna keep making you listen to my garbage rambling, so enjoy, and have a nice day. Or afternoon. Or evening. You get the gist.)

***

Joey was awakened on the morning of June 26th by something different, and much more annoying than he usually was.

On a typical morning, at about 9:30 or 10, Joey would either wake up on his own, or be woken up by one of the dogs licking him, or Daniel kissing his face over and over. Those were nice things to wake up to, because they were gentle, and let him ease out of his dreams slowly and peacefully. 

This was not a typical morning.

Joey woke up to someone sitting on him, and then repeatedly poking his face, along with Daniel's familiar voice, very loudly calling his name.

"Joey."

Poke.

"Joey."

Poke poke.

"Joseph."

Slightly harder poke.

"Joey!"

Really stinking hard poke.

"Joseph Michael Graceffa, wake up right now, you pig!"

FULL ON SLAP.

"Jesus, what do you want?" Joey exclaimed, sitting up. Well, as much as he could with a grown man sitting on his abdomen.

"Good, you're awake," Daniel smiled, his tone sounding far more cheerful than it had a few moments earlier. Daniel leaned in and pecked Joey's lips softly.

"What?" Joey grumbled again, completely ignoring the kiss. Joey had explained to Daniel a million times, waking up for him couldn't simply be done without thinking about it. It was a process.

"Look," Daniel replied, simply, sliding off of Joey and sitting down next to him. He got out his phone and opened Twitter before thrusting the phone into Joey's face.

Joey took the phone, blinking a few times at the bright screen before he could read what it said.

It was a tweet from the president.

Today is a big step in our march toward equality. Gay and lesbian couples now have the right to marry, just like anyone else. #LoveWins

"What?" Joey asked again, this time not a hint of grumpiness in his voice. He looked over at Daniel, raising his eyebrows, a small smile forming on his face.

"Gay marriage, Joey, that's why I woke you up," Daniel laughed a little, kissing Joey on the cheek. "I know it's been legal in California for awhile now, but that doesn't mean we can't celebrate, right?"

"Right," Joey sighed happily, nodding rapidly. His mind was racing now. That usually didn't happen until a solid hour after he woke up. "How were you planning on celebrating?"

"Well, I was just going to make some food and kiss you a lot, if that's okay with you."

"Sounds perfect."

***

"Ta-da!" Joey exclaimed, revealing his creation to Daniel.

He'd gone outside on the sidewalk and made a rainbow out of all of his different colored crystals.

"That's gorgeous, babe," Daniel nodded, proudly, looking over at Joey. "I think it just needs one finishing touch."

"What would that be?" Joey questioned, laughing a little bit.

"Be right back," Daniel grinned, coming back a few seconds later with the infamous penis crystal.

They both laughed as Daniel sat it down right in the middle.

"That's absolutely perfect," Joey agreed, leaning over and kissing Daniel for a few moments.

***

Joey vlogged a little bit about the news, and showed off his crystal rainbow, (and the penis crystal) while Daniel went back inside to make breakfast.

Joey walked back inside just in time to see him trying to turn the pancakes purple.

They had a brief argument about which colors to mix in to make purple (Joey said blue, Daniel said red), and then Joey watched as Daniel actually made the pancakes, and arranged them on the plate in the perfect way he always did.

Daniel sat all the breakfast he'd made in front of Joey, taking a seat next to him. Joey vlogged a little bit more, but quickly ended it, so he could spend some time with his boyfriend, and their delicious breakfast.

***

"I really love you, you know that?" Daniel asked, about halfway through breakfast.

"I do, you only tell me every five minutes," Joey laughed. "I love you too."

"I wanna shout it from the top of a mountain," Daniel sighed, looking from his breakfast to Joey. "I love Joey Graceffa!" he shouted.

"Maybe some day," Joey chuckled.