Je T'aime

(Hey guys, I'm just gonna take a moment of your time to tell you that if you're ever writing a chapter for a story, and your computer tells you the battery is almost dead, plug in the computer. This chapter was going to come out a few hours ago but then my computer died and didN'T SAVE IT so I rewrote it, here you go. :3)

***

Joey had been on a million trains in just a few days, but this one felt the most magical.

He and Daniel were on their way to Paris, and Joey was like a kid on Christmas morning.

Daniel had been laughing at him about it ever since they left England. Joey would practically bounce up and down in his seat, mumbling to Daniel about how awesome Paris was last time he went, and how he couldn't wait to see the Eiffel Tower again, and how he was going to eat a soufflé.

"Excited?" Daniel asked, sarcastically, playfully rolling his eyes at the man-child sitting next to him.

"Excuse me for being excited, Daniel," Joey huffed, overdramatically, playing along with Daniel. "I haven't been to Paris in, like, three years. And this is the first time I'm going with you. Hmmm...maybe I can show you why they call it the city of love," Joey winked.

Daniel felt himself blush. "Okay, okay, I understand your excitement. I'm still gonna sleep all the way there, though. Nighty night," Daniel blew Joey a kiss and closed his eyes, almost instantly seeming to be asleep.

Joey chuckled a bit and got out his camera, deciding to start his vlog.

***

A little while later, Joey and Daniel were walking the streets of Paris.

They were heading to get something to eat, Joey going on and on about how soufflé sounded like something fancy businessmen with twirly mustaches like to eat.

When they arrived, they immediately noticed their issue–neither of them really spoke French.

After a few moments of staring at it, and a bit of vlogging about it, they still weren't sure what it said.

"Didn't you take French in high school?" Joey asked Daniel, raising an eyebrow.

"I took a year of it, I don't remember that much," Daniel sighed, trying to remember something. Anything. "Être encore, mon petit réveil," he tried.

"That's not on the menu.." Joey murmured. "I'll just Google it."

***

After about a million years, Joey's soufflé was finally done, and he was ready to taste it. He made Daniel hold the camera, making sure he had the perfect shot for this momentous occasion.

He slowly raised the fork to his mouth, tasting the soufflé.

"It tastes like a chicken sponge," he told the camera, and Daniel.

Daniel stopped recording shortly after that, and burst out laughing.

"What? It does!" Joey insisted.

***

There was a short walk to get to the Eiffel Tower, but once they got there, it was glorious.

They both spent a solid twenty minutes, just gawking at the tower, and taking pictures of it.

"Are you ready to go up there?" Joey inquired, smiling over at Daniel. Daniel simply nodded in return.

***

"So many stairs," Joey breathed, only halfway up the colossus that was the Eiffel Tower.

"Oh, hush pig. You'll be fine. We're almost there," replied the energy-filled Daniel, who was basically jogging up the stairs.

"That's easy for you to say," Joey muttered, rolling his eyes with a slight smile.

They continued to make their way up the stairs, Daniel seemingly floating right to the top, and Joey struggling along behind him, until they got as far as they could go.

Joey got out his camera, filming the amazing view they had from the top of the tower.

Joey didn't spend too much time recording, though. He'd already decided: he wanted this moment to be a special time with Daniel.

They stood, side by side, looking out at Paris, the most romantic city in the world, from the Eiffel Tower, one of the most romantic places in the world, silently.

"It's beautiful," were the first words spoken, by Daniel.

They were followed by Joey's "Yeah, it really is."

"You made a great decision, deciding to come here instead of going straight back home," Daniel whispered, leaning even closer to Joey.

"Did I?" Joey smiled a bit, leaning in as well.

"Mhm," Daniel nodded.

Joey could feel Daniel's arm wrapping around his shoulders, and then Joey was instinctively putting his head on Daniel's shoulder, and they stood like that for what felt like forever. (It was probably actually about five minutes.)

Joey wasn't even worried about not showing affection for Daniel in public at that point. He was happy, with his boyfriend, Daniel, and if someone saw, someone saw. That was it. For once, Joey had no fear.

He felt Daniel's lips on his before he even knew what to think, and he kissed back. Their lips moved together, like a beautiful machine.

And then, in the blink of an eye, it was over. And they were making their way back to the ground. And everything felt good.

***

"Oh my God, Daniel, come here!" Joey nearly shrieked.

The two of them had come right back to the hotel room after their experience at the Eiffel Tower, both of them admitting that they were incredibly tired.

Daniel poked his head out of the bathroom, "What is it?"

"Look!" Joey pointed to the corner of their room, a disgusted expression on his face.

Daniel raised an eyebrow, coming out to investigate.

He squinted at the strange-looking..stuff that Joey seemed so upset about.

"What's that?" Daniel questioned.

"It's, it's mold, Daniel. Mold! There is mold in this room, Daniel!" Joey explained, a slightly hilarious and overdramatic look on his face.

"Oh?" Daniel scrunched up his nose. "Ew."

"This isn't just an ew kind of problem, Daniel, what if we die?! From, like, like, mold poisoning?!"

"Alright, okay, babe, we'll just go down to the front desk and ask them to take care of it, yeah?" Daniel sighed, nodding a bit.

"Okay, but let's hope we're not already contaminated with the mold poisoning!" Joey huffed.

***

The next morning, after Daniel and Joey had left the moldy hotel room, they decided to go to a cute little shop that sold macarons.

Joey was most happy about the macarons, but Daniel was just grateful that it made him stop ranting about mold poisoning.

***

The train ride back to England was nowhere near as fun as the one to Paris, but at least they had macarons this time.

"Did you enjoy Paris, pig?" Daniel murmured, looking over at him.

"It was lovely, you know, aside from the mold," Joey laughed a little, thankfully, a bit more calm about the mold situation now.

"It was pretty romantic, hm?" Daniel smiled a bit, remembering their unforgettable kiss.

"It was," Joey sighed, happily. "I love you."

"Je t'aime," Daniel whispered.