Chapter 23

Ceiling principal blinks a couple times before processing my dads rejection.  Then he tilts his head as if trying to figure out what he did to deserve such a immediate rejection. I face palm and groan.

-I may know why my dad rejected him... My father did not think that through...-

"Im sorry Mr. Silverman, but may I please know the reason?" Ceiling principal asks very politely, given up on trying to figure out what he did himself.

-the answer, absolutely nothing-

I feel arms wrap around me and im pulled into my dads side.  His arms are strong and allow me no escape, I know this from the constant hugs I get when he gets overprotective.

"Im training him. You can't take him away from me!" He says like a child when someone wants to play with their toys but they want their toys for themselves.

I mentally groan and try to remove my dad's arms to no avail.

-he's acting like a complete child, again-

Ceiling principal looks stunned for a moment, then opens his mouth to speak. Then he closes it. He looks over at me and then back at my father.  He looks at the nurse but she has already left the room once she noticed this was definitely a conversation to have in private.  He doesn't want to break it to him.

-well, he was going to have to be told eventually-

I take a deep breath and tilt my head upwards so im looking up at my father.

"Dad, you cant train me." I state.

My father gives me a look of pure shock and I feel his tight grip on me loosen. I use this opportunity to escape from his arms and step a few feet away from my dad.  I turn to look behind me to see ceiling principal stare at me worriedly. He gives me a look that says 'why did you say that...'

-im a pretty blunt person sometimes. You're going to have to get used to that as my teacher.-

"Wha... wha.." I look back over at my father. He looks like he's on the verge of tears.  Actually he's already crying. 

-great, now he's like a child that did get his toy taken away-

"Because of your current condition."  I finish.  I hear ceiling teacher sigh from behind me.  He's probably regretting visiting my father by now,

He stops tearing up and looks startled for a moment.  He places two fingers on his neck and stops breathing heavily as an effect of crying.  He clicks his younger at the results and closes his eyes and clenches his fist. 

-he's checking his condition, I guess he really had not been told yet.-

He slowly opens his eyes and hangs his head down.  His brown hair falls over his eyes. It's a tradition in our family to have long hair, the men usually wear it in a long braid.

My father made me follow that tradition, and that is why I have a long braid of black hair that reaches down to my hips.   It may also be why im always mistaken for a member of the opposite gender.  I guess if someone had a long braid in my world they were usually considered female also.

Since the battle, dad's braid has been undone and it's just a mess of strands that reaches his knees.

"Once a week huh..." He mumble defeated.

I give a slight nod.

"Well, that just means your lessons with me will be extra special!!" He rebounds and gives a huge smile, but the tears are still visible in his eyes.

"Yup." Is all I can respond with.

Dad looks over at ceiling teacher. "Colin was it?"

Ceiling teacher nods nervously.

Dad gives him a pat on the back. "Look after my son while I'm asleep."

Ceiling principal looks startled for a moment as he's hit forward by the power of my dads pat, but he then stands up straight and gives him a reassuring smile.

"Keep him out of danger, but not out of too much danger or else he won't grow at all. My wife once left him alone in a forest with beasts and an unknown villager for 2 days and I had to go out and save him from attacking beasts but he got his wolf companion out of it. Also make sure that he's eating enough, this boy eats a lot and will put you in debt so you have to send him hunting or his own food. Also make sure people know he's a male, everyone we've met seems to get confused about it and he's ended up breaking at least 15 people's noses and 4 ribs. Make sure that he-"

"Dad."

He stops ranting to ceiling principal and looks over at me.

"I'll be fine."

He sighs. "I know, I'm just worried."

He grips my hand. I squeeze back.

"See you next week." He whispers knowingly. I nod as he closes his eyes and his hand stops squeezing mine.

My mind panics for a moment but then I calm down.

-heh... This isn't like the past time... Don't panic...-

I remove my hand and look over towards Ceiling Principal.

"So, I guess I'm officially going to your school now."

He nods and smirks. "You should've told me that your parents were the famous king's guardians!"

He ruffles my hair.

I reach up and slowly remove his hand from my head.  "How can I tell you something I don't know myself."  I simply state.

He doesn't look surprised, he just takes his hand away and sits down in a nearby chair. 

"Well, those two never were one to flaunt their power..." 

He stares up at the ceiling as if having a really intense flashback that you won't get to see.  I slowly walk over and join him in a nearby seat.

"You knew both of my parents?"  I ask curiously.

He looks over at me and chuckles.

"Sam, everyone knows your parents."