Chapter 19

-Oh look, people are looking at me over to the left. Oh look, people are looking at me over to the right! OH LOOK, EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT ME!!-

I pull part of my hooded cloak over my face. I've never been one for attention. Whenever I got attention in my past life, it was never the good type of attention.

Luckily my outfit makes me pretty unnoticeable. Just some jean shorts and a regular shirt with the addition of a hoodie thingy. It's not quite a hoodie, it's like those cloaks you see in attack on Titan.

I look behind me to see everyone looking over at me and whispering to each other.

-mr. Colin why do you do this to meee-

He insisted on taking me out to the middle of the village to buy some stuff for me. Now the thing is, we stand out. A lot.

Mr. Ceiling teacher over here is wearing a fancy military outfit that you would only see in animes. 

-that doesn't make us stand out at alllll-

Add that to the fact that he's fricken hot and that is why every single woman and jealous man is looking over here.

I also see some guys glancing over at me and turning red. 

-I swear if one more person calls me a girl they are going to get punched in the nose-

I pull the hood further down my face and hold my necklace.  The warmth it gives off comforts me.

I look up at the white haired man. 

-I'm not quite sure what to call him... Mr. Colin feels weird and I'm sure he wouldn't like being called ceiling teacher...-

As I ponder things he stops in front of a shop that looks out of place in this festive open street.  Almost everything here was open shops selling fruits or swords or magical items out im the open, no doors or walls.  This one was like what you'd see in my old world.

It's a large black building, with no windows and a large wooden door like what you'd see in castles just a bit smaller.

-this looks dangerous...  Let's go in already!!-

I pull back my hood and smile a bit.  There's a sign above the door. 

"Fire's smithery."  Ceiling teacher says and opens the door for me. 

-nice name-

I smile even more and step in.  It's actually not too dark inside.  Probably because of the fire burning in literally every corner.  I hear ceiling teacher step in and I look around the room.  It's rather large and filled with anything metal you could imagine. 

Swords, helmets, shields, gauntlets, metal bow and arrows, guns...

-it lives up to its name.  Wait wait wait wait-

I move up to one of the objects I saw.  "Guns?"  I whisper to myself as I look it over. 

-Yup.  That's a pistol-

I pick it up and turn it over. It gleams slightly red in the light of the fire.

-it's pretty well made, but I don't see any placement for the bullets...-

I catch a whiff of something and I sniff the air.

-I smell whiskey.-

"Ye have a good eye lass!" I hear someone say behind me and I spin around and point the gun at them.

The old man holds his hand up and looks at me. "Woah there lassie, ye shouldnt point a weapon at the fella who made it." He puts his hand in the gun and lowers it. "Sorry I scared ya, I'll have ta keep in mind that ya point weapons at people who scare ya."

I let him take the gun from my hand and look away.

-I pointed the gun at you because you called me a lass, not because you scared me.-

I feel a hand lightly grab my shoulder to see ceiling teacher smiling at the other guy.

"Hey Smokes, been awhile hasn't it?" He says and walks up to the whiskey smelling guy.

The guy, "smokes", eyes widen seeing him an he starts to beam. "Is that you Whitey?!" Ceiling teacher smiles back.

"Im back." He states and I see tears form in the guy he called smoke's eyes.

-annndddd commence manly hug.-

Smokes throws himself onto ceiling teacher and cries into his chest and ceiling teacher just kinda pats his back.

-kinda seems like he's use to this.-

It's even funnier because smokes has gotta be at least a foot taller than ceiling teacher so he completely crouched over. Ceiling teacher is not at all small though it's just that smokes is huge.

I just sit down and wait for their hugging and crying to stop. It takes awhile.

-oh, looks like they're finally separating.-

I stand up and go up to ceiling teacher. He looks at me then nods. "Hey smokes, could you find something to limit this kid's powers?" He asks and puts his hand on my head.

-get your hand off my head. Nope. Don't do it. Don't do this to me mr.colin. don't.-

He rubs my hair.

-he did it. That's it when's the cool down for igneous blast.-

When he removes his hand i smooth my hair out. As I fix my hair I realize how long it got. My mom never liked to cut hair so it's only ever been trimmed. It reaches down to my hips.

Suddenly the stench of whiskey increases and I look up to see smoke's face right in front of mine.

"Hmmm... Magical limitations im guessing?" He asks looking over me. "Both." Ceiling teacher responds and looks at me for confirmation.

I nod.

-im going to need limitations of i want to be normal. Well. With the exception of the fact I'll have a wolf the size of a late bear following around. I Gould do something to fix that.-

"Umm... Is there anything you can do for a contracted beast to make them a bit smaller or less noticeable?" I ask smokes and his eyes widen a bit. So does the ceiling teacher's eyes.

"Ye got yourself a real special student didn't ye." He says and laughs. "Heh, I guess so." Ceiling teacher looks at me with... Pride?

"Lemme check im the storage for a sec..." He says and goes through a door to the left.

Ceiling teacher leans against a wall and looks at me. "You didn't tell me you had a beast." He says and looks at me with curiosity. I shrug.

"You didn't ask sir." I say. He laughs at this.

"No need for the formality, just call me teacher or whitey or something." He says chucking. "Can I call you ceiling teacher?" I murmur but he still hears me.

He bursts out laughing. "Hahaha, ceiling teacher, that's a first... Sure why not." He says.

-least he has some humor. I probably wouldn't remember any name except ceiling teacher anyway-

Then I hear the sound of metal clanking as the door smokes went into is thrown open. He huffs and drops everything he brought onto a nearby table. Both ceiling teacher and I move towards the table and look at the metals.

"I think ye will like why I've got lass."