Fear

"Kakashi Hatake, what do you think you're doing in here?"

Kakashi and I wake up to an angry nurse. Her hands on her hips staring down at Kakashi, he slowly lifts his head up.

"She got scared, I could hear her screaming down the hall. I came in to tell her to pipe down, but then she wouldn't let me leave." Kakashi teased.

"Whatever!" I nudge Kakashi gently on his side, careful not to hurt him. He kissed my forehead, it's sweet, he doesn't hide his affection for me at all in front of other people.

The nurse rolls her eyes. "Well, Kakashi, if you recover well enough today, you should be able to go home."

Kakashi seemed like he couldn't care less. "What about her?" He motions down at me.

The nurse and I make eye contact and she looks down. "She'll have to stay. Her wounds are a lot deeper and they aren't healing very quickly."

Are you kidding me? "I feel fine!" I chime in. "I'm really not in pain or anything."

The nurse nods. "While that may be true, if you are up walking around, it's highly possible that you'll injure yourself more, and you really don't need to lose anymore blood."

Kakashi turns and kneels down beside my bed, placing his hand gently on the back of my head. "She's right sweetie, you've got to stay."

I start to tear up, being in this hospital is making me go crazy. "But Kakashi.."

He rests his forehead on mine. "I know honey, I want us to be home together too, but you've got to feel better. I need you to focus on getting better, okay?"

I kiss his nose. "Okay."

He smiles and the nurse escorts him back to his room.

Lila and Sakura stop by and bring by Sakura's wii. We play mario kart until visiting hours are over.

I was having a lot of fun with them, but I couldn't help but wonder about Orochimaru... How long would it be before he came after me?